[Bug] Chat Does Not Appear in MP Custom Scenarios

Game Version:

• April 29/30 2020
  • Steam
  • Windows 10
  • T-West

Issue:

Chat does not appear when in game during multiplayer custom scenarios. Even the player who types and sends a message does not see the message appear.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Host a multiplayer game with a custom scenario (you don’t need a 2nd human player, the bug presents even with only AI players).
  2. Press Enter to bring up the chat menu.
  3. Type a message and press enter to send it.
  4. Notice the message does not appear.

Typing a message:

Immediately after sending the message, it does not appear:

5 Likes

Game Version:101.101.36906.0

• **Platform: Steam
  • **Operating System: Windows 10
  • **Gamertag: acoolman916

Issue: In online custom scenarios like CBA you cannot chat to anyone it does not show up.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. open a custom scernio in multiplayer and add another player and try to talk to each other you cant.
1 Like

Game Version:

• Build: 36906
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

Issue:

When playing a Custom Scenario chat messages simply aren’t delivered, ever. This happens to all players in the lobby. You type a message and send it, but the chatbox never receive it. The only thing that seem to work is taunts sounds, as they proc when you enter them on chat, but you can only hear your own taunts. This way players can’t communicate while playing, the only thing that work are flares.

Hey there! I wanted to ask whether this issue is still happening this week. We were unable to reproduce the issue on our end, so it will be helpful to know whether there is still something preventing players from chatting in custom scenarios.

Thanks for the reports, and I hope to hear back from you!

2 Likes

Thank you for following up. Just tested again, and yes, I’m still having this issue.
Note that taunt sounds still play, and if I click the “Enable Cheats” checkbox and launch a custom scenario I can still use the multiplayer cheats (e.g. cheese steak jimmy's). But the text of the messages does not appear on screen. (I haven’t tested sending commands to an allied AI, whether they respond could also be something to look into).
I’ll ask around and try to find other players who also also experiencing the issue.

2 Likes

Can confirm other players are experiencing this issue as well. Is there any other information I can provide?

Just tested it on a few different custom scenarios today and it is still happening, everything the same as when I first reported. A few friends tested it as well and the issue happens equally for everyone. I also tried for many different lobby settings and swapped between logged in and out xbox account, none of these alternatives had impact on the chat bug.

The impossibility for browsing and creating lobbies after quitting a custom scenario game still occurring as well, which make testing really difficult.

1 Like

As a note, this issue should be fixed as of the May update. Let us know if this continues to be an issue and I’ll re-open the task to take another look.

2 Likes

I cant chat now at all. I can use chat in single player only.

Thanks, I’ll take another look later tonight and get back to you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tested with an AI, and this bug appears to be solved now, as I can see the chat message I type. I’ll try again next time I can track down another human and reply again if I find another issue there, but it seem fixed from what I can tell so far. :slight_smile: Thanks again for following up.

I have, however, heard other reports of the issue @SorcerousBoat7 brings up, where players are unable to use chat in Team Games, so that’s likely worth looking into.

2 Likes

I’ve played a couple scenarios with a friend and everything is working as expected now!

1 Like

Can you confirm whether you are still having issues? This should be resolved in all spaces, though please let me know if this is not the case. (Including a video and/or replay file will also be helpful to pass to the team so they can see and dig into what might be preventing that chat from working.)

Thank you!

1 Like

Cant play multiplayer 3vs3 4vs4 games anymore since the may update because of the crashes. But so far in multiplayer 1vs1 and 2vs2 the chat is working, single player working chat too.

Since the recent hotfix everything seems to be fine here, 0 crashes and chat 100% working.

1 Like