Bug / Loss of Quality of LIfe from Classic to Definitive Edition - Idle Villagers

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 9368025
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
If you have more than one idle villager, in previous titles the player could press "Shift + . " on their keyboard to select all the idle villagers on the screen at the location of whichever “idle” was first in the click-button queue.

For example, if I have a group of villagers building a series of houses, I first have to find the villagers on the map, and then individually assign them to collect resources. This is especially frustrating where a batch of idle villagers is near a resource gathering building, as I don’t want to interrupt the villagers gathering wood nearby.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Have several idle villagers within 12 tile radius
  2. Press “Shift + .” or “Shift” + Idle Villager button

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
If I press “.”, it should go to 1 villager. If I press "Shift + . ", it should go to the next villager on the hidden list of idle villagers and select all of the idle villagers that appear on the screen. This mechanic might need some tweaking from its original mechanism, because the game now supports viewing much more of the map at a time when zoomed out. Instead, a radius could be applied.

Ideally, pressing “Ctrl + Shift + .” would select all your idle villagers, not necessarily the idle villagers confined to one area.

You were never able to select multiple idle villagers with a hotkey in the CD or HD edition.