[BUG] Lost Rating Points After Opponent Resigned

Hello, I am MrTempooo, I played DM 1v1 vs CAPTAIN BAD AZ, I beat him but when he resigned I got disscounted 29 points.
Please I want a solution, thanks.

While this seems to be a bug i just want to make you aware that a player with the xbox symbol is not an admin but a player playing the game on the microsoft store. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sometimes this bug occurs at the end of a game. Has you rating reduced in your profile as well?

1 Like

Hello, yes I got 29 pts less, so can you tell to an admin to fix it? or just gb?

I am not a dev, just seen issues like this.

this should also be in the bug section btw
I’ve heard of this bug be4 tbh (so good i don’t play multiplayer)

Game Version: Latest version

Issue:

Lost points in ranked 1v1 even though I won the match.

Game Version:

• Build (34793
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

When i end the match, i wanted to see how is going my elo when i winned. So i losed elo when i winned. Sometimes my elo dont up for match because i vs with lows elo, but losing when i win? dude. Any can answer ? (sry for bad eng )

I have no idea whether this is correct or not but I won a 4v4 ranked match and lost elopoints (-19). This looks pretty weird because the game itself looked pretty even and I had not the feeling, that my score surpassed the average.

Here you can see the mentioned game statistics. My ingame name is LordDude and as you can see I lost the points.

Game Version:

• Build (34793)

Issue:

I just watched the streams of mbl and Hera simultaneously. They played against each other and Hera won. While mbl lost 11 points of ELO, Hera only gained 8 points. As ELO is supposed to always even out, i.e. the amount of won and lost points should always be equal (at least after having played some games, which Hera and mbl obviously did), I assume there was some bug.
I don’t think this is too much of a big deal, but I thought it could be helpful that devs know about this.

Attached is a screenshot of aoe2.net where you can see the unequal elo gain/loss. (I know this is no proof, but you can just watch today’s VODs of mbl and Hera if you want further evidence)

2 Likes

Had the same issue - I was playing as blue, we won 4vs4 game, still lost points. It’s not a viusal bug, i actually fell in a leaderboard

So, what the heck? I know DE has several bugs, but this one was new to me. I also know that it’s normal to gain no points depending on the match elo difference, but to win and lose the match/points…?

If this situation happened on vooby Voobly I could just appeal. What about here, since Microsoft doesn’t allow users to open a ticket?

Match replay: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a-oshjs3rPX0uUVDlckitk7don29wNCY

Well, I see that a moderator moved my post… And here I also see that the first report of this issue happened december 19 and no dev replied about it…

So I guess that’s it, we lost the points and it will remain like that.

Hello everyone! We’d like to dig into the telemetry of the matches you played where you lost ELO. To do so, we need a few bits of information:

Your “Real Steam ID”

1. Open your Steam client and choose View, then click Settings.
  2. Choose Interface and check the box that reads, "Display steam URL address when available."
  3. Click OK.
  4. Now click your Steam Profile Name and select View Profile.
  5. Your SteamID will be listed in the URL at the top left as a long number at the end of the URL.

Match Info

We need to know the approximate date and time the match occurs when you lose ELO. As long as it took place in the last 14 days, the Game ID and approximate time/date of the match (as well as your timezone) will help us investigate the issue.

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build (####)
    Platform: Steam

Issue:

I won the game, but lost ELO. My teammates both gained ELO (roughly +25, but I was -3)

Example: Twitch Clip link below.

Any chance you can ping me with the information noted above? That will help us dig into the back-end of the match in question to see what exactly happened with the ELO! =)

Same question for @p4rtY3oY, @FatalAcrobat369, @Semafia, @LintyPolecat777, and anyone else experiencing the issue! :+1:

Often what I’ve seen happen (at least I believe this is how it works) is I’ve lost/dropped from a game before it ended and so didn’t lose any points immediately, but once the game finished the points I lost were added into the next games results.

Eg if I drop from a game and my team goes on to lose the game, and I win my next rated game I might have a result of -10 and +8 from the 2 games, meaning it appears I lost 2 points for the 2nd game in aggregate.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/p4rtY3oY/ or https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197963828327/

You can download the replay with the timestamps: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a-oshjs3rPX0uUVDlckitk7don29wNCY

THIS.

this is exactly what happened in my situation. im rewatching my VOD now and i never lost points from my initial ranked game loss. makes so much sense honestly.

1 Like

Game Version: 36202.0

• Build:
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: ProvenScroll917

Issue:

(win games and don’t receive elo and match making is just broke right now play people way worse consistently and waste my time not getting elo but still have the chance to lose elo)

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. play match making lol

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)
:heavy_check_mark: (BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH ANY CRASH/GAME LOGS [IF RELEVANT])