[Bug] Market sometimes doesn't allow you to buy/sell when you should be able to

Game Version:

• Build (101.101.34793.0)
  • Platform (Microsoft Store)

Issue:

Sometimes the market will have a tile greyed out that it shouldn’t (you can’t buy / sell a resource that you should be able to).

Reproduction Steps:

1. Click the market at a time when you don’t have enough food to sell. (you should have vills collecting food)
  2. Watch your food count go above 100
  3. Notice that the ability to sell 100 food is greyed out still for multiple seconds after you have more than 100 food. If you wait ~5 seconds after you have enough gold it becomes clickable to buy food. 5 seconds is way too long though.

There was a game where Viper called out that this happened to him too on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQENvuebmMw

See from the screenshot that I can’t buy food or wood despite having enough gold:

5 Likes

Confirmed. Happened to me lots of times. The way i am handling it is to reselect the market. Sometimes it fixes itself.

It’s deffinatelly an issue.

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build (####)
  • Platform (Steam or Microsoft Store)

Issue:

sell wood option not enabled despite resource available. takes 4-5 seconds until option available.

Reproduction Steps:

1. build market in fuedal age, sell all wood
  2. wait for next 100 of said resource
  3. market won’t enable sell resource option straight away, although 100 wood available

(ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!) unable

Build 34793

• Platform: Steam

Issue:

As the title says, I cannot buy and sell resources at the market in one go, without switching away from it. For example, say I have 100 gold, 300 wood and 700 food and I want to click up to castle age. Normally what I would do is sell 300 wood, buy 100 food and click up to castle age. But with the latest patch, once I sell 300 wood, I cannot buy the food in spite of having enough gold to buy it, unless I switch away from the market and go to the market again.

Also witnessed the bug while watching streams from expert players. This is one clip from TaToH’s stream. It’s not a game-breaking bug, but it is a little annoying when you are focusing your attention elsewhere and you want to do a quick transaction at the market.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Just play around with buying and selling resources at the market.
1 Like

Game Version:

• Build: Update 35584, Version 101.101.35584.0. 4714640 (the latest update, from late February)
  • Platform: Steam and MS Store
  • Operating System: Any
  • Gamertag: Harooooo1

Issue:

Market buttons only update when you reselect the market:

• If you have a market selected, and you suddenly gain resources to buy/sell something you weren’t able to at the time you selected your market, you still won’t be able to buy/sell until you re-select the market. In HD and CD edition market buttons would update instantly.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Open scenario editor, place a Market anywhere
  2. Test scenario, select the market, keep it selected
  3. Type any resource cheat, for example “robin hood”, you will gain 10,000 gold
  4. The button to buy food/wood/stone will still be grayed out, and you won’t be able to click it
  5. Only when you re-select the market (click somewhere else then on market), you will be able to click the button.

Also, you can reproduce this bug in any real game situation, but for the purpose of this bug report i think this one in scenario editor with cheat is most straight-forward

ATTACHMENTS:

Here’s a screenshot:

You can clearly see here that I have 10,000 gold in the stockpile, and still not able to buy wood/food/stone

1 Like

Yes, they finally fixed it!