[BUG] UIColors.json HealthBar definition only affects CommandPanel

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44834.0 6148570
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 and Linux(Proton)

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Changing the HealthBar Color tuplet definition in UIColors.json inside a mod only affects the HealthBar color displayed in the CommandPanel but not the HealthBar color above units inside the game action view.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. create a new local mod in your profile folder, e.g.
    " … /mods/local/BUG_HealthBar_Demo"

2. download this file
    and extact it into the folder from step 1.

The file contains the contents for a mod which tries to change the HealthBar color for the blue player as shown in these screens:

original UIColors.json

modded UIColors.json

1. launch the game, activate the local mod, set it to highest priority, restart the game

2. start a game playing as Blue and observe that the HealthBar color above units has not changed away from the original value

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The HealthBar above units should be the same color as the HealthBar in the commandpanel (as defined in UIColors.json).

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

actual result as image (the healthbar color above the unit remains unchanged):
healthbarcolor_actual

expected result as image(the healthbar color above the unit is the same as the healthbar color in the commandpanel):
healthbarcolor_expected

4 Likes

Thank you for the report! This issue has been logged for investigation by the team.

3 Likes

Is it still like this?

1 Like

I don’t think that was a bug, the hp bar colors in the command panel UI are different from the health bars above the units in the field, i mean you need to modify different files to get the same colors in both, not only in the commandpanel.json

That does not seem ideal. What would be the file for the in-game-view-bars-above-units?

1 Like

Hi there, unfortunately the colors of the health bars above units in-game are currently hardcoded to specific palette colors. We will let you know when that gets changed, though.

In the meantime you could try making them the same by modifying color slots in the 50500.bina legacy file. Keep in mind that it may not be possible to use the file in mods.

4 Likes

Hello, Can you tell me how can we remove the health bars above the units completely?

It doesn’t seem to work with white (Gaia).