Bug with fort build limit

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **GAME BUILD #: 6555616
  • **GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • **OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Two cases :
1)- I play with the french and send the fort cards (fortess age card, which give me a fort wagon). My fort build limit is 1 (so far all is good). However, If I send the castrametation card, I receive a fort wagon and I can build another fort with my explorer (meaning that my fort build limit is now 3). Is this intented ? Or should the fort build limit only increase by one with the castrametation cards. Finally, If I send the Vauban fort card afterward, my fort build limit increase from 3 to 4 (which is expected).
2)- In the second scenario, I play with the dutch. I ship the fort cards (age III) and build a fort - Fort build limit is 1. Then I age up with the logisticien politician (the one that grant a fort wagon). Upon aging up, I receive a fort wagon and my fort build limit have been increased from 1 to 2 (wich was exptected). However, If I send the castrametation card afterwars, I receive a fort wagon (as expected). However, my fort build limit is now only 3.That means that, in that case, sending castrametation only grant one additional fort to be built.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

This is already covered above. Just play a game and send the fort card (age III) and castrametation. With the dutch, you should send the fort card (age III), then age up with the politician granting 1 fort wagon and send castrametation.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Castrametation should be consistent, regardless of the politician chosen. It should either increase the build fort limit to plus 2 or plus 1, but it should not take into account the fort limit provided by a politician.

It adds 2 to fort limit, regardless of civ or what you sent before. According to the tooltip, it should give +1, but i think +2 makes sense for an industrial age card.

If so, dutch fort build limit should be 4 and not 3 after the two fort cards and the age 4 politician. Also, the tooltip should be corrected.

I played the dutch fort quest today and I put castrametation card specifically for this.
I didn’t send any other fort card, nor the fort age up, and I was able to build 2 forts with my explorer.

My guess is that any fort wagon automatically adds +1 to fort limit, and castrametation adds +1 for the explorer, thus a total of +2 (since castrametation also gives a fort wagon).

IMO, this isn’t game braking, as an industrial age card, 2 forts are a nice bonus, since forts are kind of meh anyway.

I don’t think you understand my problem (and that’s probably because of how badly I explained it).

In have no problem with castrametation granting + 2 fort limit.
My problem is that, when sending the age 3 fort card (+1 fort wagon), aging up with the logicistician (+ 1 fort wagon) and sending castrametation, I can only build 3 , while I should be able to build 4 fort.

No, I understood that. I’m just saying that castrametation is probably bugged when it grants 2 forts, just like its tooltip mentions it grants just 1. My take is that it should give 2 forts all the time.

oh okay, my bad !
I agree with you, even though it kind of remove the fort things from the french (who were always able to build + 1 fort compared to anybody). Maybe they should revamp the vauban card to
1/- Grant the two fort upgrade (similary to the advanced fortification cards)
2/- + small hp boost (+20%)
I know this card won’t be used anyway, and that fort are rarely build, but for casual game it’s always fun to build forts.

My take is that granting 2 forts would make castrametation much more attractive, particularly in treaties.