- Build 34793
When I was waiting for a multiplayer match, my name was appearing in the Ranked Queue tab area as it should, and my civ, too. But then once a match was made, it changed to my opponent’s name. I searched but didn’t see this reported yet.
- Go to Ranked tab of Multiplayer area
- Choose a civ (for me it was “Spanish”)
- Notice your name appears under the “Your Team” area, as it should
- Exclude Black Forest, Gold Rush, and Team Islands maps (if this part matters, which I doubt it does)
- Click “Find Match”
- Once a match is made, notice the name under “Your Team” changes to the person you’re playing against. The civilization stays as what you specified.
In my case, as seen in these screenshots, my name is NOT “anukool.j”, yet that is who appeared once a match was made. And anukook.j was Incas; I was Spanish. Needless to say, I was pretty confused. I thought for a moment anukool.j and I would be on the same team against AI or something.