Builders are chilling around the building foundation

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.59165.0 8211018
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Builders are chilling around the building foundation. Some villagers do the job, some just chilling.

In my case there were some army on the foundation, the villagers are upgraded with hand cart. I remember the same happens even without army and hand cart, but I have no replays near.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Make lots of villagers (30 in my case).
  2. Make hand cart upgrade.
  3. Put your army near.
  4. Select all the villagers.
  5. Give order to build mining camp, foundation must cross the army.
    Army leaves the foundation.
    After it some villagers start to build the mining camp, some villagers just chill near.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

All builders wait while army leaves the foundation, after it all builders start to work.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Screenshot 2022-04-15 161722

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

MP Replay v101.101.59165.0 @2022.04.15 133708 (6).aoe2record (3.1 MB)

Replay timestamp: 35:00

After last patch seems we have some regression about building foundations. Builders are chilling again.

I’ve seen a similar issue, where some villagers seem to get stuck on the foundation and don’t want to move away from it when others are tasked to build. This used to be standard (sometimes villagers went idle when the game tasked them to move away from foundation, mostly happened with lumberjacks going idle), but they’re worse now: after tasking some of the lumberjacks to build, they aren’t building at all because one villagers got stuck on nothing.

1 Like

I had a similar issue occur where a group of 8 villagers were mining gold and one female villager would just stand there right next to the gold. She wasn’t stuck or hemmed in, but she still wouldn’t move.

Happened consistently, even if I told the villager to move away from the gold pile and then come back.

1 Like

yep foundation bugs, easily reproducible by walling

Do you have the rec from this game with the timestamp?

@Felizon89 Indeed.

It occurs 3 times at the following time stamps on the right gold pile.

• 17:29
  • 18:19
  • 27:30

Also FYI at 21:19 the town bell bug occurs.

Please see attached:
SP Replay v101.102.15522.0 #(81058) @2023.04.12 205419.aoe2record (2.1 MB)

Thanks!

1 Like