- GAME BUILD #: 83607
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
Buildings that can create units ignore the lack of space between previously created units and the buildings themselves. This behavior causes units to become temporarily or permanently stuck. This issue happens both in Age of Empires 1 (Return of Rome) and Age of Empires 2 game modes.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
- Create a custom game with 500 population limit, full tech tree, infinite resources and cheat codes on.
- Create plenty of houses, so units can be trained at their respective buildings.
- Create a building that can train at least one unit.
- Mass spam create a unit with its respective hotkey (hold it for faster results).
- See the units pile up in the center of the building and occupying the space of units previously trained, getting stuck, also.
Whenever there’s no space, no new unit should be created, and a message like “There is not enough space for the unit to be created” should pop up. Also, no units should be created inside their buildings (or other units, for that matter), but around them, so they don’t ever get stuck at spawn.
A market after spawning 155 trade carts, most of them being stuck:
A siege workshop after spawning 204 helepolises, most of which are stuck: