Bulgarian Campaign Mission 3 Hranislav trigger bugged

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.56005.07694700
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

At the beginning of mission 3 of the Bulgarian campaign you have to hurry to reach the Bulgarian champion “Hranislav”. If you take too long to get to him he gets wounded and loses his horse but keeps on fighting as an infantry unit (since he is a konnik). This happens for example if you take the transport ship that the game helpfully marks for the player.
Currently there is a bug where he doesn’t get any bonus HP and instead an insane amount of attack damage. Worse than that though is the fact that the game doesn’t recognize Hranislav any more so you get the “he is wounded, hurry up” message and right after that “oh no, he died, the city surrendered” and game over. All while Hranislav is alive and happily murdering all the Mangudai standing around with his 249 attack damage.

You can still win this mission if you take the land route and never stop, but that makes the optional “don’t loose any soldiers on your way” part practically impossible and many players will try to take the ship and fail the mission.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the third mission of the Bulgarian campaign titled “Tsar of the Bulgars”.
  2. Wait until Hranislav gets wounded/loses his horse.
  3. ???
  4. No profit

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

See “ISSUE EXPERIENCED” section.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Here you can see the text message that Hranislav died, but I have selected him and he is still alive. Also he has way too much attack damage, but not the bonus HP he is supposed to get. Maybe the fact that he isn’t supposed to kill his opponent or leave the exact spot where he starts fighting is what triggers the game over.

Hi Conqi1202.

I have tried the same level too. It is not a bug, but at the beginning of the level you must bring your units immediately to the destination without wait that the computer automatically move the screen from the camp to your starting position.
If you decide to go by ground you will lose some units, but if you decide to go by ship you must move your units immediately to the ship and then immediately to the final destination.
By ship it is difficult but it is possible. You will arrive to the village at the moment that Hranislav die, but if you land with your unit immediately and you will enter to the village during the dialog, you can continue with the level without lose.

I hope this will help you.

1 Like

Hi @Conqi1202 !

Thanks for your report, we are are already tracking this issue ^-^