- GAME BUILD #: 101.102.20078.0 (#85614) 11375994
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
The campaign AI in many scenarios (at least on Standard difficulty) always rebuilds buildings they don’t need after I destroy them, even if it’s an old Lumber Camp or Mining Camp (and they’ll rebuild it nowhere near resources). They sometimes end up with Lumber Camps and Mining Camps all over the map in random spots.
They also do it by sending one Villager at a time, sometimes right near where I’m attacking them. If I kill the Villager, they destroy the foundation, wasting the resources, then send another Villager to do exactly the same thing. They’re wasting Villagers and resources, which makes the game easier than it should be.
This has happened since the legacy game but it also occurs in new scenarios.
- The AI should better understand what buildings they no longer need and not rebuild them if they get destroyed.
- The AI shouldn’t build resource buildings away from resources.
- The AI should be aware of safe places to send Villagers. (This also applies to sending Villagers to gather right near an enemy Castle.)
- The AI should try to keep building foundations instead of deleting them and restarting.