Campaign Bug- Raid on Caribbean Progress is not detected

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: v. 100.12.27330.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
In the Raid on Caribbean campaign under historical battles, the player has to destroy the 5 colonies. The colony is considered destroyed when all the military units defending it are killed. In my several attempts, I attacked the northernmost colony cause it had only 2 units(sometimes only one which is also a bug I guess). The progress is not tracked at all, even if I destroyed all the military buildings and then the whole colony itself, the progress is not recorded. In my first attempt I continued with the game and after a while(like 10 min) it was recorded but then another colony was not tracked, the bottom right colony. So I quit the mission and tried 4 more times again on the northern colony and it happened all the time.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the “Raid on Caribbean” mission under the Historical Battles section.
  2. Attack the Northernmost Colony.
  3. Kill only Military Units.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Progress of Number of Colonies destroyed in the objectives section.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
raid_on_caribbean_bug.age3Ysav (5.1 MB)

1 Like

I have more pictures of the colony as I first cleared the units, then the military buildings and finally the houses but i’m not allowed to upload them cause I’m a “new user”. I also have a save file if needed.

Uploaded more images and a save file.

Hi @XanderCage8195,

Thanks for your report! It seems that some of the units that are normally occupying the Northern Colony have been shifted to the long, central island, just North of the Colony closest to the centre of the map. Defeating these stranded units will increment the Objective counter and trigger the destruction of some buildings within the North Colony.

We are now tracking the issue internally. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. In my first attempt, I did find some units on the shore on the central island at the location you mentioned, I guess that’s what triggered the progress bar later in the game. You might also wanna check the same for units on the bottom right island. As mentioned in the post, it was also not tracked, I cleared the remaining colonies but didn’t find any random units, I might have missed them in small areas I didn’t scout.

1 Like

Yes, you are correct about the bottom right island. I also found that some of the units from the South-Eastern island are also appearing on the central island as well. They are incorrectly placed outside of the colony walls to the North-West. I have added this extra information to the issue ticket in our database.

Hello. Just to update you two : it does that to every colony. Not just the two mentioned. It did it to me as well for the bottom-left one where there was no unit at all (and for the treasure boat as well, of course), except for a few next to a tower.

1 Like

I started bottom most colony. Destroyed everything. walls and all. no progress acknowledged.

This is continuing to persist. The units are moving all across the map into indefensible positions, making the scenario much less fun and much more tedious.

It is BUT the solution they gave above is accurate. There are units tied to different outposts at the central island. One could debate whether that should be the case but if you smash all the spanish units on the board you still win.