Campaign Civilizations

Been a while since I last posted here. After a hiatus, I put some work into rebalancing and bug fixing, in particular reworking Native Americans and adding Tatars.

Recently, I’ve been trying to get some other SPC civs working. Specifically, Enemy Japanese, Hole in the Wall Gang, and Somalia. But I’ve run into something of a brick wall: no matter what I do, I can’t seem to get them to appear in skirmish/multiplayer. I’ve given each a unique homecity (copy/pasted from another working civ, but renamed), I tried deleting homecity data from the savegame with the cloud off. I even tried renaming them in civmods. I’m not sure what’s the cause. If it’s something in the civdata I’m not sure what I’m looking for. I don’t think it’s the civtype because some working civs are still type 5, and I changed Somali to the same type as Hausa/Ethiopia for influence.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

They also need a unique string id. If they share something with the orginal, it wont work.

You mean the display name? if I made a custom string would that work?

Not 100% sure, but thats what a dev told me. basically the AGE0, code name, and string name are not allowed to be the same