Campaign/Historical battle votes again

Would you buy a DLC with only campaigns and/or historical battles?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Would you mind if the campaigns do not follow the same formula as legacy ones?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Background: the reason I’m asking the second question is that the latest AOE4 campaign does not follow the same documentary style or have film intros as the earlier ones. There is now a non-neutral narrator and ppt intros. And I have not seen a single person complaining (funny as it was one of the big selling points).
So I’m interested in what people will think if AOE3 gets new campaigns that do not have animated intro, fictional characters or fictional storylines. Because one of the reasons people guess why we did not get any new campaigns is because writing stories for them (like in the legacy campaigns) is time-consuming and expensive.

Maybe I’ll directly ask this:

Which of these would you consider essential for an AOE3 campaign?
  • Fictional main character
  • Fictional storyline
  • Character-centric narrative
  • Movie intro
  • Frequent interactions between characters
  • Small scope for each scenario
0 voters
1 Like

I believe that AoE 3 campaigns are fiction based on historical events - which is cool. You can create campaign scenarios as well as characters who have their own life story to tell. The history of the Black family was really engaging and, to be honest, I would like to see the history of this family in the Old World - e.g. the story of the descendants of Morgan Black’s younger brother (born after Morgan joined the Order of Saint John), who remained in Scotland, adopted Calvinism and took part in the war between Scotland and England. Due to the turmoil in his life, he found himself in Switzerland, where he settled and started a family. He then participates in the early phase of the Thirty Years’ War. His son (Act Two) continues his participation in the Thirty Years’ War and settles in Prussia. He has three sons (one moves to Sweden, the second to France, and the third remains in Prussia). The next Acts tell about the descendants of Morgan’s brother’s grandchildren: the Napoleonic Wars, Prussia’s Wars with Austria and France, and the Northern War.

Other DLC focusing on Islamic countries could include campaigns telling the fate of Sahin’s father, him and his descendants. Sahin’s father captures Constantinople. Sahin participates in the Ottoman-Persian War and, after the events of Morgan Black’s Campaign, the Battle of Lepanto. His descendants take part in the following wars: the Great Ottoman War, the Crimean War and the wars of independence in the Balkans.

Of course, it seems good to me… this way you cover several events and conflicts that in AoE 3 do not appear in the campaigns (the entire 17th century for example) (the 30 years war is very important and the English civil war is interesting, since that you could use longbowmens against musketeers and have Cromwell appear as an enemy) and so on with the other wars…

1 Like