Campaign: journey though the andes; hard difficulty

I dodged this mission first time beacuse there was a bug in a specific firepit that didnt heal.

This post motivated me to complete it(the bug is still present btw) and here’s what I did:

• Use Amelia and Kanyeke to scout the map and look for scouts (given their high hp and mobility, they’ll be able to cover ground quickly without little to no risk of dying).

• Grab these treasures in particular, those will bolster your troops making them more effective at killing scouts
    imagen

• Try to not lose many soldiers. If you lose too much soldiers at the earlier stages of the game, you might want to restart beacuse, they are essential at stopping scouts (A single volley of your starting army can almost onehit a cav archer).

• Save often. Sometimes a scout will slip through or a stray Ulhan might kill too many troops.

• I recommend setting up 2 control groups (one for the Heroes and other for your troops).

This is my walkthrough of this mission:

1. Leave your troops in the top refuge, while Amelia and Kanyeke clean out wolves and cougars, when Amelia and Kanyeke reach the green circle you can start moving your troops to the Yellow circle, when no scouts are on sight you can start moving them to the green circle.

I recommend saving when:

• Everyone reaches the red circle
  • You get rid of cougars and wolves blocking the path
  • Amelia and Kanyeke reach the green circle refuge
  • Your troops reach the yellow circle
  • Your troops reach the green circle

imagen

2.In this part the procedure should be like this:

• Your army must stay behind near the red refuge
  • A & K (I will use to describe Amelia and Kanyeke from now on) should move to the yellow circle
  • Army moves to the yellow circle
  • A & K go to green circle
  • Army goes to green circle (I recomend saving here)

By this point you should’ve collected the two marked treasures from earlier
imagen

1. At this stage I’d recommend leaving your troops on the red circle for the rest of the mission (They’re essential for stopping scouts).
  • A&K should advance alone (going through the marked green circles)
  • Careful when reaching the first red circle, 3 cavalry archers will spawn and you’ll need A&K crackshots to be up (so your army will only have one scout to deal with).
  • From this point on you can start ignoring scouts and rush through the last set of refuges.

imagen

Here’s some gameplay of someone who played this mission as well

4 Likes