Campaign not reproducing ending cutscene

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build:
  • Platform: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10 / Windows 7 / Mac / Linux
  • Gamertag:

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

After playing any campaign scenario, the ussual ending cutscene doesn’t appear.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Select any campaign mission.
  2. Win the scenario, either legally or with cheats. To prove the error quickly use the “i r winner” cheat code.
  3. Exit the mision.
  4. The usual cutscene doesn’t appear.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

6 Likes

Just reproduced this in last Wallace scenario with “I R WINNER” :slightly_frowning_face:

Same for me! Though after finishing Dracula 3 the outro did show for me. Perhaps the issue doesn’t happen when you load a saved game, or when you press Leave Map after being victorious?

The bug occurs if after the victory screen, you return to the map, and then exit the mission.

3 Likes

I can confirm this. I too can’t see the mission outro slideshow if before quitting, that is when the “you are victorious” with the 2 buttons shows up, I choose “return to map” instead of “leave map”. In the case I selected “leave map” right away I am able to see the slideshow

1 Like

I tested almost all of scenarios and all had this problem i hope devs fix this problem. i really like story and history of scenarios.

I have the same error playing Vietnamese campaing

Steam
Windows 10

After beating a campaign scenario if I select “return to map” to view the map on the victory screen, the cinematic does not then play when I select “quit” after viewing the map.

1. Beat a campaign scenario
  2. Click “return to map”
  3. Exit map

See video here for an example. While this video was made using cheat codes, I promise you this happens every time I play properly.

2 Likes

Did someone notice/experienced this? I won both 4th scenario of malay and portuguese campain, yet so no slide shown. Have anyone experienced the same?

I have the same issues since the latest updates. No outro slideshows ever play.

I have the same issue. If however, I press leave map on the victory screen I do get to see the cutscene. But after pressing return to map, I do not get it anymore.

Thank you all for the reports and for working out that the ‘Return to Map’ button may be a part of the problem. I’ve written this up for investigation by the team, who will look into restoring those cutscenes if they can narrow down a cause.

I’ll let you know if we need any additional information; keep me updated if you discover anything new in the meantime! :+1:

4 Likes

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **Build: Latest
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag:

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

When you finish a level of campaign (Tariq as exmaple) stangely the cutscene doesn’t reproduce and just shows to you the game results and then back to the campaign map, kinda annoying

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Open the game
  2. Play a Campaign level and finish it
  3. Then the custscene doesn’t reproduce

I also had this issue but if you click leave map instead of return to map and the cutscene will play. Haven’t had a cutscene not show doing this.

Unfortunately this is still an issue. I started first Wallace scenario, used “I R WINNER” for instant win, chose to remain on map, quit game and did not see the ending cutscene.

1 Like

Looks like you are correct! Thanks for checking; watch for the fix in an upcoming update!

2 Likes

You mean hotfix? because won’t be acceptable to wait again one more month like the Malay age up bug.

Same here with Gengis 3. Seems like there is a general problem with watching maps supressing triggers. I r winner without map watching delivered the outro.

Was this bug fixed? It’s happening now with the Lords of the West campaigns. After finishing a campaign mission, it skips to the statistics most of the time. If I save right before finishing the mission and reload, sometimes the outro plays, but other times it still skips to the statistics. If I use the “i r winner” cheat to finish the mission, it always plays the outro.