Can I gift the game to a friend? And release date?

Windows store doesn’t seem to allow gifting. I preordered a copy for myself and want to send a copy to a friend. Anyone know how to make this work? (win 10 by the way)

Also, the release date says Monday December 31, 2018 - 12 am. There is a mistake there…I hope this doesn’t screw up launch which I am taking to be New Year’s eve at midnight.

You can buy a Microsoft Store gift card and give that to your friend:

Thanks. That was helpful. Any news on the actual release date? Is it actually a year away (Dec 31, 2018)? Was I duped by my own remembrances of a wonderful game?

Regarding release dates we all know as much as you do. No new date has been set yet. They postponed release that far for very good reasons, just to deliver the high quality user experience everyone expects.

If you did pre-order, you and your friend still can signup for the beta and gain early access. On the other hand it may be worthwhile just waiting for the final release, because of the spoilers you will get by joining the beta program. It will meet up with your remembrances of that wonderful game from the past for sure.

I wish you a happy new year already. The year that this great game will find it’s final release and rebirth for all.

@jt1peace said:
Windows store doesn’t seem to allow gifting. I preordered a copy for myself and want to send a copy to a friend. Anyone know how to make this work? (win 10 by the way)

Also, the release date says Monday December 31, 2018 - 12 am. There is a mistake there…I hope this doesn’t screw up launch which I am taking to be New Year’s eve at midnight.

Try gifting from the Microsoft Store website. I saw the gifting option available on a game I already own, while signed into my Microsoft Account on the Microsoft Store website. For some odd reason gifting is not available in the Microsoft Store app if you have purchased the game for yourself. I reported this issue in the Feedback Hub app, but there’s no knowing when the issue will be resolved.