Can Mahouts be beaten?

OP asked how to kill Mahouts, options were given.
Sure, if India brings their entire arsenal to the battle and Russia only spams one unit, then yeah, I guess Mahouts cannot be killed?

You have to consider how much these cost in time, pop and resources. They have to kill something like 10:1 just to break even. I’m just guessing at that number but when you lose alot of units to it remember that.
Btw I get irked by the elephant units also. It seems far more lopsided that it is though.

5 Likes

exactly. 2 mahouts costs more than 2 falconets, 3 mahouts is… i think pretty close to 2000res- an entire age 3 merc shipment or 4 falconets worth. I would have to double check the vs cost but i know the wood cost is substantial

1 Like

india gets wood easily

India is strong but Mahouts are nothing to do with it.

2 Likes

and india uses it up for other things constantly. the fact remains that they are extremely expensive units, and still can get cheese sniped by euro explorers

3 Likes

age 2 keshiks with mongolian scourge can focus fire them down. I find Mongolian army to be a good counter to mahouts playing as china.

Age 3 forbidden army just walks over mahouts

2 Likes

Playing as mexico, they shred through Insurgente with AOE dmg

As they should when an insurgente costs 65 food. 10 insurgentes is 650 res equal to a mahout though the mahout costs some wood not just all food so it’s even more expensive. Try spacing the insurgentes out so less of them are close together.

2 Likes