Can no longer play Multiplayer on Xbox, game crashes when opening Ranked

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 83607
  • GAME PLATFORM: Xbox
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Xbox

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
On Xbox since the Return of Rome update I can no longer play multiplayer. Opening Ranked from the Multiplayer menu causes the game to crash.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open the Multiplayer Menu
  2. Open Ranked
  3. The game crashes.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The game is not supposed to crash and you will be able to play Ranked.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Same eveytime i click on rank or quickplay my game audio goes buggy then crashes. The only solution i found is to play on another account.

I found a workaround to resolve the issue. If you delete your saved data the game will start from a fresh state and no longer crashes when entering Ranked. I recommend taking a video of your settings first so that you can look at the video to copy your settings back.

Here are the Steps:

1. Find the “Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition” on the Xbox Home Screen.
  2. Press the Menu Button for More Options
  3. Select “Manage game and add-ons”
  4. Select “Saved data”
  5. Select “DELETE ALL”
  6. Confirm “DELETE ALL”
  7. Launch “Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition”
  8. Press “CANCEL” and then “STOP SYNCING”
  9. Now the game will start as if you’re playing it for the first time with all default settings and you can launch Ranked again.
1 Like

The team is tracking this issue.