Can see background through text on screen

Thankfully I’ve played the demo on my Windows 8 cd enough to know what the buildings look like so I can guesstimate what I’m building/researching/seeing, but i can not read anything on screen because the background is showing THROUGH the text on screen. Extremely bad in terms of how much rss I have.

I’m currently looking into the whole “Game Mode” thing, but I don’t have a slider for “on/off” so I’m also pursuing that issue.

Anyone have any tips or ideas on how I can fix this? Thanks :slight_smile:

Are you using older type of flat screen television (LCD TV)?

I had this kind of problem on an old graphics card / old drivers, are you ok on this ?

My computer is from 2012 or 2013, so it could be considered old but it can handle Skyrim fine. I am in a temporary setup where my computer is hooked up via HDMI transfer cable to a 2016 HD TV, but I don’t think it would be the TV. This is the only app/game that I have issues with this…for instance, I don’t have the same issue in Age of Empires II.

AOE II does not use transparency and especially HD TV’s with a lower pixel density due to higher dot pitch do not show transparency correctly. Although not too old model this is expected behavior on that kind of TV screen.