Can see enemy TC on revealed position (through fog of war)

Game Version: AOE2:DE

• Build: 37650
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: does not matter

Issue:

When playing (in my example ranked team matches) and I scout around, I can later in Castle age see enemy TCs, because of the trophy thing that is placed on TCs during the May-Hem event. So for example we played Arena, I scouted all of the space in front of the bases in Dark/Feudal, and then in castle age I saw the strange trophy next to a gold pile outside of enemys base. Then I moved there with some trooops and there was a TC.
I do not think that is intended behaviour, because that is an advantage for everyone who is playing with the mod (or everyone that is just too lazy to disable it, where is the point of these kind of mods at all??).

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:
0. Have the strange mod with trophy under TC active

1. Go to multiplayer
  2. Search a game
  3. Hope that the lobby actually starts (there are a lot of occasions where lobbies fail to start at the moment…)
  4. Scout a location your enemy will build a TC later
  5. Go away from that location, so you should not see anything there
  6. wait for enemy TC going up
  7. Scroll to that location and spot that trophy
  8. Now you know that your enemy has a TC there
8 Likes

What I think is interesting: when I tried to reproduce this in singleplayer on a revealed map, it did not work with the starting TCs

This is a ranked TG on Black Forrest. There of course is his starting TC, that can be spotted by several ways (path, water buffalo, “house scouting”, etc…). But still I think this has to be fixed, because a forward TC (for example on forward/additional stone/gold) can be seen now way easier

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build: 37650
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Dolfa

Issue:

You can see the TCs enemies placed without scouting them, assuming you’ve explored the terrain they built a TC in. The shield trophy plaque thing can be seen in this situation.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Hop onto some sort of multiplayer match
  2. Explore the map so that the area the enemy will build a TC in is explored
  3. Enemy builds TC
  4. Huzzah, you can now see the trophy and therefore where the enemy TC is located

4 Likes