Can the production team pull the camera closer?

The picture performance of aoe4 is very good, but the camera’s angle of view is locked, which can only be pulled to a far distance, even farther than the internal version. It is recommended that aoe4 can refer to AoE3, pull the angle of view very close, and add the camera mode. Thank you!

2 Likes

I think more zoom-in options should be possible. I think this would be good.

2 Likes

Thank you for your support!

2 Likes

I don’t think they Will release a photo mode or a improved zoom in. I would like to see something similar to AOE3de (it’s perfect to me) but there’s a big problem: textures and graphic are worst than AOE3de itself, so they don’t want showing this to avoid other criticisms by people.
You’ll never see the graphic quality of your screenshot into AOE4.

We should just look to the next Aoe, praying developers Will choise Unreal5.

3 Likes

unreal 5 can’t make up for poor texture work

2 Likes

honestly just free up the camera completely like company of heroes 2. it annoys me to no end that i can’t hold alt to tilt the camera to eye level and get a good look at my units during battles. would be such an easy fix

4 Likes

From some early publicity of aoe4, it seems that this game once had “HD texture”, but somehow it was cancelled.

If you want to look at the units carefully, you must find some specific terrain, or by building walls. In short, this is very stupid.

1 Like

Aoe4 unit texture is really not excellent, but I still hope to zoom in.

2 Likes

aoe3 textures have much more detail than aoe4

3 Likes

I think,if the production team doesn’t think the texture quality of aoe4 is worth looking closer, they can set an option. Just like other AoEs, let the players choose whether to open a closer / longer viewing distance, and let the players choose freely to meet everyone’s needs. Isn’t it a better design?

1 Like

In the first beta, zoom in was unlocked but they changed It After. I can assure you that textures were bad. There were many criticisms and discussions about it on the beta forum.

3 Likes

From some early publicity of aoe4, it seems that this game once had “HD texture”, but somehow it was cancelled……

no there was not a HD texture pack and i think it there will never be.

Unfortunately this is a developer’s choice, very bad for me but that is.

I’m playing with Iron Harvest (on gamepass) and i just realize that units are better also in this game

Unreral Engine could be the right choice for the future of the saga because it allows many graphic features as DLSS which is very important to have great graphic with good performance also on medium specs.

2 Likes