Can we please nerf the Spanish on Nomad Maps?

Why not remove the building speed bonus and give them free and instante treadmill crane?

I have seen some insightful comments from you, so I don’t understand how you are making such a silly comment. You are essentially telling me to have fun your way, and not have in my own way. No. I like nomad, and I’ll continue doing things I personally enjoy. If you don’t enjoy nomad, this isn’t your place to really make an argument.

The problem is that comes with no downsides. Chinese do not get starting wood and food, So their extra vils are just extra vils. They come at a cost.

No. If you don’t like it, ban it.

because this nerfs them across the board, and doesn’t help them on their weaker maps.

3 Likes

OK well, sorry then, I personally dislike Nomad because aside from the Spanish thing, it’s fairly RNG-driven. I am also not a fan of more than 25% of games involving an early Castle Age Castle Drop, and Nomad has definitely more than that. On Nomad, if you dock the big lake, it’s an advantage, on top of that, gold is spread very unevenly and sometimes you can find yourself with only 1 usable gold pile (it’s a 7-tile one but also the opponent will try to protect the remaining ones in mid/high elo as everyone is aware of this thing on Nomad). I also tend to dislike low eco CD games. Nomad in general is liked and disliked depending on whom you ask. Chinese community tends to like it because they like Tower strategies and UUs.

In any case, the best you can do is untick the “random civ” box so that hopefully opponent gets random also. If that doesn’t help, these “1 trick players” normally are in low/mid elos, the more you climb, the more people go random civ or at least untick the “random civ” box. People who 1 trick tend to be fairly good at 1 strat (for that elo), but also inflexible, if you manage to beat that strat, they very often can’t follow up, e.g. Spanish player on Nomad can’t transition well to 3 TC boom if his initial Conq push fails. As annoying as it might be, train your Monk micro I guess. Normally to counter this sort of all-in pushes, you need 2x Monastery, 1 isn’t enough. Sanctity is also a key tech, you can do the math for Conqs specifically but vs Knights I’m sure it helps, in general it helps vs nearly every unit, vs Conqs it’s 1 more hit I think? Don’t remember the Conq base damage now.

Monks is the “lazy way” but also the smart one, because you don’t need so many techs to beat Conqs, the slight downside is that sometimes it can be a bit RNG dependent. Skirms is the hard way but also not RNG driven, requires more techs. If you go the Skirms route, it’s all good training to adapt your eco on the spot, let’s say your gold is CD, you need to find a new gold, making all those small decisions like drop a Mining Camp or a TC, if you drop Mining Camp only, probably getting a Tower eventually there is worth it, also Skirms are Wood intensive and I reckon in early game you want like 2 Ranges to counter the all-in Conqs (1 is in theory enough but if you take a bad fight you could not recover lost mass), as for wood you probably want the usual 10-12 that is considered the gold standard for eco development and another 7-15 given that eventually you want to add University, 2nd TC, etc. so your eco vs Conqs looks maybe like this (in early Castle age), 16 on Wood, 14 on Food, 5 on gold something like this.

4 Likes

What cost are you willing to pay for that extra vill as a Spanish player?

Don’t speak for me , it is none of your business.

I didn’t say like of dislike. I mean Nomad should not be in the current ranked pool. It could be introduced as a separate mode since we already have empire war and deathmatch

1 Like

Playerbase largely disagrees with you here

3 Likes

11, people can’t say anything negative because keyboard warriors will flag it and cry to the moderators, but people behave toxically in game and nobody can do anything. Can’t we just discuss this map instead of go against any different opinions ?

Nomad is fun, but its only for fun, A lot of factors of this map are not designed for competition. The civ balance, it has been mentioned for years and there is still not a solution. Personally I am okay with it because I can pick OP civs as well, but I know many people are not okay so the suggestions like this will keep coming up till it get fixed.

I suggested that the devs could temporarily remove Nomad from ranked pool and balanced it in the first place. You people need to understand the meaning of ranked and competition before disagree with somebody. What is wrong with it if we introduce Nomad as a individual game mode that is similar to Empire War and Deathmatch ? We all can see that the standard setting can’t be applied to Nomad properly. You people should stop complaining about it and let the devs do the work.

1 Like

It gets voted into the ranked pool every time the players are given the option to vote for it.

4 Likes

It’s cool. And I agree with you mostly on the strats as well. In my experience, skirms don’t work that well very often because the spanish player can easily add in a couple of knights. The knight+conq combo is the problem. The best counter to that is, weirdly enough, elephants. Specificially, I have found a lot of success with elephant archers (will a few pikes) because conqs really can’t do anything against those and a single ele archers can deal with 2 conqs easily. When going against each other in groups, this means that the conqs will lose every single time. Normally, this would be when you push forward with knights and direcly attack. With ele archers though, you can push through and get right on the face of of conqs while the pikes can attack the knights from behind.
This is cool, till they get their castle age UT and get a few donkeys.

But then again, I mostly play nomad team games. Nomad 1v1s aren’t as much fun imo. As you said, they are far too often about that castle drop UU spam. Nomad team games tends to have a lot more variety in them.

I don’t know if you understand english well, or lack reading comprehension. I didn’t speak for you, I spoke to you. Speaking for someone means that you assign a position to someone that they don’t adopt, but you imply that they did. This is different from strawman in that the other person does have to express their views first for you to strawman them, but you can speak for another even if they have not expressed it at all.

That’s like your opinion, man

That is to say, I (and most people who play AoE2) don’t give a damn.

Are you in the competitive bracket? Are you among the top 100? Have you won any money playing AoE2 competitively?

Do you know who comes out on top when Nomad matches are held? The same people who come out on top on every other tournament. You just don’t know how to get a good start on Nomad. Just go and watch Hera’s video on it.

People are given the option is the reason of why Nomad became a ranked map. People will vote for Lombardia and Amazon Tunnel when they are in the pool. In your opinion, all of them should stay as ranked maps.

Don’t off the topic
I don’t know if you can read English or you just don’t want to try to understand other people. I didn’t say I like Nomad or I dislike Nomad. I was just talking about the map itself according to your original post, but you are ordering the people who dislike Nomad to ban it. Banning the map is avoiding the issue instead of trying to find a solution.

Exactly. There is no rule says the majority is absolutely right. You think the civs on the map is imbalanced, then why should we compete with each other on an imbalanced map ?
Nothing can change the fact that Nomad is not a standard map and much differ from any other maps. This is why I suggested to add an individual game mode for it.

Yes I do. Can you answer your own questions while you are trying to discuss it with me ?

I am bad at Nomad because the standard strategies can’t be applied there properly. Just like that you can’t use the build order of land map on water maps. I do tried to learn but I did not try hard because I can ban it. Not everybody have time to master every map or have the will to master every map.

I think so do you
there is nothing do say that ranked queue has anything to do with competetion. the elo is for matchmaking

there has been a huge Nomad community since before DE

there is your solution

1 Like

nomad isn’t competitive, but the map selection is so bad with all the barren xbow spam maps and stonewall spam maps that it ends up being one of the better ones every rotation

the actual competitive versions are coastal & similar maps. you get the same kinds of diversity, except without as many artificial boosts for spain/mali/persia

in fact, coastal is the map the tech tree and game balance was designed for, not arabia/BF/nomad

also DE nomad is bad. the actual nomad (before DE turned it into socotra) wasn’t as castle-spammy because the land mass was more spread out and the fish weren’t all in the same place

Okay, then the championships should open for everybody instead of top 100 player. High rank indeed stand for high skills right now and many people are competing for the ranks

Trying to avoid the map is not a solution of civ balance.

so we can introduce a individual game mode for this community and see who is the Nomad king

Why would we need a nww game mkde when the community is largely happy with where its at?

Makes zero sense to cater to the mass minority at the expense of the majority

1 Like

They will happy with either way but the new game mode will make more people happy

Do you have any data that support your opinion ? I don’t see majority and minority

from observation alone, the people who posting similar content that are unsatisfied about nomad are few in number. all of these info are on this forum and can be searched by all.

Makes sense, this post only got 30ish replies and I posted quite a few all by myself.
Alright, the OP should stop complaining and I will also chill.

1 Like

nah. you can post the stuff you want and there will always be push back. its understandable that people would only want to post what they want to see, issue with some are asking for the OP to come up with all solution which is unrealistic.

honestly adding the 30% build speed to spanish only after first TC is built should be possible. though I think its great to have that advantage as civ being more diverse. of course if spanish is seen like every nomad game then it might be worth a change.

Really? Seen how many people play ew or dm or whats the ffa no one plays?

Numerous polls conducted here and on reddit.
N2m the fact that nomad gets voted in all the time.
N2m nomad playrates.

1 Like