Can you add the Confederates please

I wanted to play the free city states. Will there be that option?

2 Likes

They would make sense as a revolt option but then they should also add the Republic for the French

2 Likes

I already made a post about how to add French Republic, without needing to actually do much to the game.
I proposed European State Mandate mechanics, and French would get to choose between Monarchy Loyalist or Revolutionary Republican, for a price, while it would not alter teh base faction until it is paid.

Wait so you are saying that the Confederacy was backed by the French? Well that is true to some degree. But I just like city states over unions/federations/empires. Anyway after reading up more about it, I guess the Confederacy was just another union and it didn’t have any of the ideals I thought existed in democratic city states.

Which ideals were these?

2 Likes

The French never backed the Confeds truly. Public Opinion was against them and no European Power including the Ottomans supported them. The French used this war to install a King in Mexico, but supporting them was out of question for the Emperor.

Actually, the British thought of helping them but after the Emancipation Proclamation, they shunned them. Britain was against slavery. Not to mention Gettysburg showed that the Confederates really didn’t stand a chance anymore(if Lee had listened to his generals he would’ve won that battle but he didn’t and here we are)

I dont think they could add the confederates. AOE3 already dances away from a lot of colonialism biggest issues like enslavement. If you want confederates go play WOL

6 Likes

The main one that came to mind was Freedom.

1 Like

Give a dog too much leash…

1 Like

Freedom to enslave you mean.

4 Likes

They were free beforehand

That wasn’t the only reason they went to war

What was the reason the CSA went to war then?
Nearly all Secession declarations mention slavery as the prime reason.

4 Likes

Are we seriously gonna have the discussion about whether the civil war was about slavery? Geez, it doesn’t take a super detective to find stuff the confederate leaders said about slavery being their main gripe with the federal government.

12 Likes

Yes add the confederates as a revolt option for the US.

2 Likes

And in the end if they added the republican France xD, I will gladly wait for the confederate states because all the factions “except Asians and natives” have a revolution

1 Like

I do not defend the Confederates but they added to Mexico all their separatist movements that were a lost cause " except Central America " they even included the Mayan rebels of the caste war which were worse than the Confederates , being too aggressive in an inhuman way with all those who were not pure Mayans

the caste war is an equally dark episode in history, which is a very sensitive issue in mexico and parts of guatemala

The confederates equal or nothing to the rebel Mayans

2 Likes