Can you really explain why springalds are OP?

Springalds have 10 range and (Like you explained) the highest DPS for the time they come; if you guard them with a mix of mele units, you can slowly snipe any kind of army your opponent have if they don’t use springalds, and because you have them, mangonel against the infantry is out of the question.

Now you explain to me how I can, without springalds and mangonels, similar technology, and similar resources, defeat an opponent who is using them.

easy, do the same army and replace all his springs with crossbow men, use the math above to understand why you have more DPS than he has and killing more units overall, now only the springs left right? OK rush and kill them all with your army.

The math is correct and working if you rushing, if you just wait and let the springs snipe all your army it won’t work.

But if you rush all your army will make the damage, overall you make more damage with knights & crossbows than springalds, that’s just a proven fact, now kill the springalds at the end when you have more units left…

Xbow don’t kill springalds easily, they have less range if I’m not mistaken and springalds bave more health than xbows, this together with that you have to focus a lot of your xbows to kill 1 springald while the springalds will kill xbows really easily. Unless you are postimperial and you have fire damage of course, but that is quite situtional. Castle age, you go with springald and mangonels (because you are using xboxs without springald right?) Mangonels or springalds just kill your whole mass of xbows and then the rest of their army just resist whatever calvary or infantry that you have. Result? You lost because you didnt use springalds.

Ps: you only need like 1 or 2 mangonels, more than enough

You don’t get me at all do you?

Your opponent use the springs to kill your knights / M@A while you use the crossbows instead with same resources he spent on springs.

Result: as I’ve already proved you do twice damage against knights and M@As because of bonuses = you win because he has no frontline anymore and you just kill all his springs with your frontline, not with the stupid crossbows.

Edit: if your concern is the manogs do 2-3 springs to kill them but you don’t need 10

Again, the springalds give you advantage, you will need a lot of xbos to kill springald while with a couple of mangonels you lose all your xbows, the rest of the army is just resisting and protecting the artillery

2-3 springalds will disintegrate against 8 springalds

you don’t read my comments and I can’t explain the same thing over and over, you kill the springs with your frontline, not your xbows…

Again dude, their frontline is going to protect the springalds don’t you get it?

1 Like

OMG, his frontline will die first cause your xbows do twice damage as I explained.
Dude, READ!

DDUDE READ, what part of mangonels will kill the xbows in seconds don’t you understand?

Without springalds nothing works, that’s the problem, they are such a good advantage right now that you can’t miss them

Dude, Think :slight_smile:
If you have knights you can flank his stupid mangos and springs
and incendiary arrows can take out siege as well, and you have a lot of bows

Again again and again, while you are flanking their frontline is shredding your knights

You need post imperial for fire arrows, I doubt you will reach post imperial very often

But all this is assuming that u stomp the enemy front line but i think the problem is that if u see your enemy making stables u will make spearman to defend your springalds. So u say that if u rush your army u will make more dmg but if rush your army your knights wont charge cause spearman and the springalds will kill a lot of knights while u get close to the enemy.
So again all this is assuming that u can control the fight and your enemy is stupid and let you engage for the flanks and kill his front for free

In that case I’m
A: bad at scouting since I let him make the ultimate counter to my army without respond
B: will snipe his spears with my Xbows and try to micro with the knight until I have a chance

but it shouldn’t happen if I’m scouting his army, this is too situational what you just described.

I see you need a real, fresh example of that, and it is funny how you referred to crossbowman saying they are straight-up better, forgetting about mangonels, or in this case, Nest of bees: (1:41:20 for the showcase)

1 Like

give me a specific time, this is 2H long…

Also you are all keep forgetting, this game meant to be about diversity of the army.
I’m not saying springs are not good or needed, I’m saying abusing them and producing too much will only work for noobs.

Edit: you will need to take out his 1-2 mangoes using your springalds, but that’s all, you don’t need more than that to kill his frontline also, you can count on xbows to be more effective to spend resource on, do to damage differences…

It worked in the 20k tournament they made that viper won, they massed springalds

1 Like

How is it only working for noobs when the top 100 players have like 10+ springs in each game that reach castle loooool. Have you seen some streams of top players?

1 Like

I tried to add the time swap directly on the link but it didn’t work, sorry for that:
The action starts around 1:40:20 time

1 Like