Cannot Ally with House of Vasa on Arena - Black Forest

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 13.29985
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When playing on Arena - Black Forest, you can select the trade slots for House of Vasa but cannot ally with them.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play on Arena - Black Forest
  2. Find the House of Vasa
  3. Attempt to ally with House of Vasa

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

You should be able to ally with House of Vasa

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

locked vasa slot.age3Ysav (3.5 MB)

Hey @stephensundin! From the screenshot here I can see that the enemy has a flag set (red flag) in the Trading Post slot meaning you’d just have to scout the Settlement again so your flag (a blue one) is set there instead. Then you can construct a Trading Post on that site.

This is a relatively new feature; you can read about this change here: Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition – Update 13.12327.

[EDIT] This issue could have instead been a map bug that was reported elsewhere and fixed (pending patching).

2 Likes

Hi @Breadalus. The issue persists on the trade site when under player control. You cannot build a trade site using the traditional method via explorer or via the new method. Vivid indicated that this has been identified and a fix is pending.

1 Like

I’ve had this bug on this map, its like the socket just strait up disappears, even though the flags still there and it looks like you can build it, a tp will not lock into place and the building via the flag doesn’t work either.

1 Like