Cannot apply disable target to town centers

I think the issue is the nature of town centers being a weird building (you can walk through it so maybe it’s made of different buildings put together?) But whenever I use the “disable target” effect to make units not automatically target a TC it just won’t work like with other buildings and AI units will target and attack the TC nevertheless.
Is this a bug or am I missing something?

most likely, you will have to include the ‘extra parts/objects’ as well for it to work is my guess.

edit: as to what they are, I’d have to check…

edit: I’ll just list the object IDs and you can sort though it if you want.

109 (I believe this is the main town center object.)
444 (packed TC if you need it.)

edit: doubt you need these but, might as well… (TC rubble)

edit: I honestly do not know why they just make them a single object that’s link-able … it would make things so much easier. (although, it would sucks for each civ but still… They could just link to each other or whatever they want to do for it.) Something like…

TC - Main [109]

^ (all civ TC’s link up back to this object.)

TC (Britons) [ID]

TC (Vikings) [ID]

or even just skip the “TC - Main” object all entirely and just use civ specific objects.

1 Like

Thank you infinitely for this! It is as I suspected then, that the TC is made by different objects and that’s why I couldn’t disable it as a target! I also encountered a bug where enemy monks tasked to attack move converted a piece of my TC that would start to attack itself when garrisoned ahah
I could report it as a bug actually but they won’t probably ever fix it given how rare it is.

So I need to disable all those unit IDs to make TCs not targetable? Ufff they could make hidden units ID like female workers visible in the units list…

1 Like

Another issue, actually you can’t select unit IDs when you’re using the disable target effect…
I can select only town center object from the usual list so how do I disable this damn thing? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

uhh… hmm… They did not include the ID line? oof… You might be able to do it via the scenario parser. Sorry. Otherwise, it’s not possible. :\

edit: that is annoying… I hope they can add this to the editor.

1 Like