Cannot download any mod

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 47820
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Since the patch 47820 came out I could never download any mod, either new mod or update. The pending circle spins forever, and sometimes randomly stops downloading.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Subscribe any mod

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Dont know if it is related, but: I had a lot of problems with downloading a scenario in a lobby (cannot reach server, while being in mp lobby xD). After several tries it worked, so dont know

Today again I failed multiple times trying to download a mod:

@DodoNotDoDo Please have a look?

Now, it seems there’s a bug related to mods. In the “local” folder, there always spawns an “info” file of a random event mod. Possibly this is related to your bug.

I’m not sure what’s happening there. I’m able to subscribe/download fine using the same build and mod. And I’m not seeing any errors being logged related to your attempts. My guess would be that the connection is timing out for some reason. Could something be blocking or throttling your connection?

When I use an accelerator (proxy) the issue is mitigated. But I remember that before this patch I don’t need an accelerator to download small mod like this (<1MB). My network condition hasn’t changed for a long time.

Good find. In my case it is the “[Winter2020] Town Center Snowman Decoration” mod every time. Might not be random.

2 Likes