Cannot drop relic by shift click - old waypoint technique

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

since the latest patch (Dec 2023) came out, the shift click is not working properly.
I use the old waypoint technique. (For the last click I have to release the shift-button.)

I use a monk without a relic.
I shift-click it onto a relic and then I try to click on the monastery to finalize my command.
However, the cursor does not show the “hand”-symbol as intended and the relic cannot be dropped with this click. The monk needs a new command after picking up a relic.

p.s. the cows and the sheep feel a bit weird as well when being shift-clicked themselves. Maybe here is something to figure out as well. (less priority)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Shiftclick monk on relic and then on monastery with old waypoint technique

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hi @TitledVase30170
Are you on build 109739? I can’t reproduce the issue you are mentioning in the latest build.
Thanks for the report.

Hi Felizon89,
i am playing on build 1097392.
There is no hand symbol to drop off the relic with shift click as long as the monk has not picked up the relic. (Image: Monk without relic)
When you click on the monastery anyway the monk just walks there and keeps the relic.
As soon as he holds the relic you can drop the relic via an additional right click. (Image: Monk with relic)

Edit: Unfortunately my screenshots have no cursor on it.

Greetings Weizenesel

Sorry I totally missunderstood a couple of things, this is indeed a bug, I informed the team about it and we’re now tracking the issue.
Thanks for the detailed report :slight_smile: