Cant delete a mod from creator in my folder

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 13206043
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Cant delete a mod from my folder in the game that was from another creator that no longer has it and took it down. It keeps saying
“Could not find item in folder this is no longer located in (my folder where the game is located). Verify the item location and try again.”

Go through the mods tab in the game and it doesnt show in the selection but when I click on the open directory, I find it still in the mods list but it cant be removed. the mods name that shows is : 126074_super veterancy - unit
The creator doesnt have it listed any longer on their page and so its impossible to simply unsubscribe from the mod

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
  • 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)
  • 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
  • 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

In that case, you will need to open the " age3-mod-status.JSON" file
And search for " Subscripted "
You will find a long text that starts with

{"Title":"mod title here"

Remove the entire secrtion untill the next {“Title” beginns.

{"Title":"Mod title here","Author":"","Description":"","Path":"Subscriped\\Mod name here","WorkshopID":0,"LastUpdate":"0","InstallTime":"0","Priority":17,"Enabled":false}

Now the mod is removed from your mods list.

2 Likes

ok I cant seem to open age3-mod-status.JSON" file. Can you tell me how please?

C:\Users\username\Games\Age of Empires 3 DE\number\mods

Capture3

Rightclick and open with any text editor.

Ok i got it to open and searched for the folder but its not appearing in that file. I even typed in “units” or “veterancy” but nothing shows up. Do you think I need to do a hard reinstall?