Can't Delete MPAutoSave Play Disconnect Save Files

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 100.12.56860.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Everytime someone drops for a multiplayer match a save file is automatically created. This also happens when someone Alt+F4 closes the game. I’m now to the point where I have 280 save game files. I have tried so many ways to delete these files, but they are synced with the Steam cloud. No matter what I have tried, they are downloaded again. It’s now getting to the point where everytime I am starting my game I am waiting longer and longer for the Steam cloud sync to finish before I can launch the game.

To my knowledge, there is no way to delete specific files from the steam cloud. (That I am aware of).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play MP Games
  2. Have Someone Disconnect / Alt+F4
  3. Watch Save files build up

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

A way to remove these and not sync them in steam cloud.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

Bump so this does not get missed too :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. I am trying to use some of these methods but still not getting results, maybe I am doing something wrong. And maybe this info can help you.

Heey guys, you can via the main menu go to “Load” and then click on a file and press “Delete” in the bottom left corner. This will move the file to your recycle bin and remove it from the Steam Cloud. It’s sadly currently not possible to do this with multiple files at once. I will report this issue :sweat_smile:.

Hi there,

I have done these exact steps a few times now, but the files are resynchronized and downloaded to my computer again. Not sure if I am doing something wrong.