Can't log into Multiplayer Services or XBox Live

Around the end of August to early September I started Age of Empires II DE on Steam and found C-Op and Multiplayer options greyed out along with a Reconnect to Multiplayer Services button.

Clicking the button brings up a screen saying Signing into Multiplayer Services with Retry and Cancel buttons under that. Clicking Retry does nothing. I am also signed out of XBox Live and I can’t sign in again from the game.

I have searched all the internet troubleshooting I can find and it hasn’t worked. I originally thought it was caused by the update sent to give other people the Romans Event to complete and, because I haven’t got that DLC yet, it caused some change to my program. I also tried verifying the files through Steam. I have attached a screenshot of the error box which flashed by when I first hit the Retry button.

Sorry if I got anything wrong as it is my first post. Can someone please advise where I should look for the problem.

1 Like

me encuentro con el mismo problema para poder jugar en modo multijugardor, si ya has podidos solucionarlo me podrias pasar la solucion, ya que tambien busque alguna solucion en internet y no consegui alguna solucion, Gracias

Hi. I found that my Bitdefender software was the cause. Not sure why it suddenly became a problem after having no impact for 10 months but if you have Bitdefender then it would be the cause.

1 Like