Capture Age coming to Definitive Edition

The recently released CaptureAge for DE is a new tool that had to be rebuild from the ground up for the definitive edition, while the version you compared it to was CaptureAge Classic which is available for the old UserPatch version of AoE2: The Conquerors. Many features are not yet implemented there yet and our custom render engine is also still missing mod support as well as post processing. We released it allready as it seemed in a working state that allready can benefit many people but are ofc working on further improvements and features :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry that we didnt get to you faster, but would you mind sending us (support@captureage.com) your captureage logfile, located here: %appdata%\CaptureAge\logs\main.log ? That could help us in tracking down your issue :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s great, thank you for the update! Iā€™m glad it was released sooner rather than later; itā€™s nice to get to play with. I look forward to its future improvements :slight_smile:

With version 1.1.0 there is now an info-popup that currently the Microsoft-version of AoE2 DE is not supported just the Steam-version.

Oh, thatā€™s too bad. I am luckily on Steam version. Hope they can fix Microsoft version soon

1 Like

I installed Capture Age but at the moment prefer DE replay system, Capture Age even missing the panel of all the techs (EconĆ³mical and military) also looks like low resolution and dont have button for increase, decrease or pause.

1 Like

FINALLY, I can start showcasing my art :smiley: (unfortunate that I couldnā€™t show the player objects because itā€™s not a NvN type scenario and CA doesnā€™t allow it)

1 Like

WOWWW! That looks amazing. You made that??

Yeah, was a HD project ported to DE.

1 Like

Very nice. I need to try and port a map I made into DE someday. Someone said I should just use UP 1.5, but Iā€™m not sure what that is or how to get it. Google search yields something about ā€œUP 1.5 - Portuguese Civ Mod IIIā€ on Vooblyā€¦ but I donā€™t think thatā€™s what I want

How did you port yours into DE? I donā€™t want to import a scenario, campaign, or civ. I just want to do an .RMS map (a random map I made with my own terrain, resource distribution, aesthetic features, etc.)