Cataphract Archer as 2nd UU

I think @TriRem could definetly look over it and say if there need to be adjustments

I advice not to tag someone twice

Itā€™s their choice to check here, so better to not keep tagging them

(Off-Topic but better to be said)

1 Like

Whoops sorry m8 dident mean to tag him eventho mine was just to advice that he should look over it

NOTE: Unique Tech gives Unique Unit, Cavalry Archer and Steppe Lancer +3 vs Infantry

1 Like

I think it sounds like a very cool idea, but would it overpower the byzantines too much? Or would it change their civ identity too much? Iā€™m afraid this would turn into them becoming more of a CA civ then a defensive civ. Just some things to think about.

Hereā€™s an idea, first remove the attack bonus against spears, then add that Logistica also effects the Cataphract archer unit, maybe not the trample aspect, as Iā€™m not sure how that would work, but the +6 attack vs infantry. That would further incentivize researching that tech, which would indirectly buff Cataphracts themselves since thereā€™s more situations where going to them is the right option (since youā€™ll usually get the logistica tech.) So they still donā€™t have Parthian tactics, but the Logistica tech applying to them is ultimately more powerful.

Finally, as a balance adjustment remove arbs from byzantine. So they are still a trash/defensive civ until imp, when they can ultimately get to two powerful units. But they can also start massing CA on Castle, though youā€™ll want to be careful with them missing bloodlines.

1 Like

No, thatā€™s a bad idea. Arbs are really important for byz and any hypothetical CA unit would not be able to substitute them in a cost effective way.

Oh I know they are super important, I play arbs 100% of the time Iā€™m byzantines. But I think they would need some counter active nerf if we add a chataphract archer, since Iā€™d say they are currently in a pretty good place.

1 Like

I like this idea since CA is the only current unit without a 3rd update.

1 Like