Censor Chat Setting?

Is there a way to turn off the censor chat setting?

2 Likes

Iā€™m chatting in the lobbies and the game and sometimes it randomly censors words that arenā€™t even curse words. Not only that but it censors the whole message not just the word it is trying to censor so I have no clue what I said wrong. How do I disable this very horrible feature? I canā€™t find anything in the menu and Iā€™ve been looking through it for 10 minutes.

2 Likes

There is no need for censorship, especially in a video game. Remove or at least make the language filter optional like in the original game. It also unnecessarily blocks normal words.

7 Likes

Heyo, my name on YouTube, Twitch, and in-game is Bumbler, same as here. It keeps getting replaced in-game with all asterisks, and Iā€™ve tried renaming myself B U M B L E R only for it to continue to do the same. Any idea whatā€™s up with this?

8 Likes

There is a really sensitive chat censorship thing in this game that no one wanted. You canā€™t even disable it. Itā€™s outrageously bad and disruptive to the gaming experience.

9 Likes

why bumbler? does that mean somethingĀæ

It is because your name contains ā€˜bumā€™.

3 Likes

This. Microsoft uses the same aggressive chat filter as many large corporations - always a headache.

1 Like

Itā€™s my online brand that Iā€™ve spent years building.

1 Like

Since making this thread, Iā€™ve run into quite a few others who have very normal names that are being censored. They tell me that this has just been happening since this last patch. Please fix.

2 Likes

the question was why bumbler

You want me to tell you the story behind my online name? Why?

i dont know what means bumbler i just want to know, no dictionary shows.

Just now my name is also getting censored. Doing some research, my nickname ā€œCochoā€ (shortened version of biscuits in spanish) its a slang in mexico.

It would be great to get an option to disable the filter. I understand having it on by default, but thereā€™s no reason to not have a ā€œdisableā€ option, especially if it makes perfectly reasonable messages unreadable.

4 Likes

The word ā€œCoronavirusā€ is a censored word. That tells you all you need to know about Microsoft.

2 Likes

Look, I get that you gotta play it safe. If you wanna have a super strict censor on in-game chat, thatā€™s fine. But please donā€™t censor my identity. If itā€™s not against the rules as my name on these forums, it should be allowed in game.

2 Likes

It does not matter any nickname. I played couple of games online and it was always ***** vs ***** . Looks like all words are banned. I feel like Microsoft games are without nicknames and chat.
My nick is Purkrabi I challenge dev team to find any vulgarism at that nameā€¦

Same problem for everyone lol. I wanted to name my clan about Brewery (brassage in French) but it contains ā– ā– ā–  soā€¦ Not allowed.
The problem with this censorship is that it mostly applies to English words and doesnā€™t take into account other languages. Thanks for this fakely inclusive gameā€¦

Also censorship is useless since people get creative.
ā– ā– ā– 
A55
@SS.
@55.
ā€¦