Challenge Reward Deleted AGAIN!

I can only do one challenge every day too

Guys try these steps.

• deactivate windows defender, or any antivirus you have AND defender
  • launch steam as admin, not necessary for microsoft store
  • launch aoe 2
  • do challenge in singleplayer post imperial vs simple ai with infinite resource
  • close game
  • reactivate windows defender or your antivirus
  • check if it worked the next day, i didnā€™t know if the event time is locally checked so try moving your windows time, turning off your net to see if the next day event will be unlocked

Youā€™re kidding me, Right ? I lack the expertise to do many of these steps.

How are Windows Defender & antivirus deactivated & later reactivated ?

How do I determine whether or not Microsoft Store is involved in my game setup ?

What is ā€œpost imperialā€ ? My game goes only to Imperial Age, not beyond.

What is a ā€œsimple AIā€ ? Which nation is ā€œsimpleā€?

What is / How to establish ā€œinfinite resourceā€? Doesnā€™t this violate Challenge rules ?

Only TWO Days are left to do 5 or 6 Challenges and you want me to do the 2nd Challenge yet a FOURTH Time and then wait another day to see whether this works ??

How do I ā€œmove windows time disabling the netā€ ?? This sounds dangerous to my computerā€™s health !

Must this be repeated EVERY time I play AoE2-DE ??
Itā€™s not worth this much hassle for an otherwise decent game.

Hi. Post-Imperial (means all tech are already researched when the game begins) and Infinite resources are Single Player game settings. Simple AI - he probably means AI on easiest setting/

I feel the same way. This doesnā€™t unlock anything substantial. Itā€™s just cosmetics and not worth the time to get involved.

What I do feel very strongly about is that this should not continue to the next event and the devs should smoothen the bugs out.

@Devs- I understand this is a nice way of keeping people excited and involved in the game, but it shouldnā€™t become an irritant.

Game Version: ā€¦

• Build: 36906.0 0
  • Platform: Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Wenzelmeier

Issue:

So it definitefly looks like i have to do every task exactly twice. No joke. This has to be purpose right? I am not going crazy here?

Reproduction Steps:

Hereā€™s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Do any task from task 2 onwards
  2. Wait timer
  3. See that mission is reset
  4. Do it one more time
  5. Wait timer
  6. Success LOL

ATTACHMENTS:

From yesterday (10.05.2020 12:10):

From Today: (11.05.2020 16:14)

1 Like

Event ends in a few hours and still have stuff that got re-locked. Please unlock them on my account.

So sad News everybody, cant progress Task 4 since Sunday. Gets reset everyytime.

Press F in Chat for my Event Rewards

after i restartet the Game it was already gone, did it again without Firewall on

Whats left for me is hoping for Devs to do me a solid and unlock all the rewards.

Mind you, that my Firewall was OFF during this. Maybe it has something to do with Xbox-Network. Idk mine looked like this:

It says server-connection is blocked, wich doesnt sound good.

The funniest thing though is that i have the ā€œ[GreatestTech] Golden Bombard Cannonā€ mod installed since Sunday, though having to do the Task for it over and over again.

Iā€™ve played a couple games with a friend over the course of the last days to unlock the event challenges. While for my friend the challenges unlocked fine, some didnā€™t for me unfortunately. When we were doing one 2 days ago the game was a little laggy, hence I saved the game, quit and restarted it which indeed helped with the lag.

After I quit the game I got the message that I unlocked the challenge (makes sense, I have already completed the task even if the match wasnā€™t finished). When we completed the game I again got the same message.

Yesterday we did the next challenge and I didnā€™t check whether it unlocked.

Today we did another challenge and after the game I noticed it didnā€™t unlock, so I checked the challenge menu again - to my surprise even the one from 2 days ago, even though I got the message twice that it was completed - wasnā€™t.

So I loaded up the save game from 2 days ago again, did the tasks quit the game and again saw the message that it unlocked. I checked the challenge menu, and there it also showed as unlocked.
So I quit the game, started it again and to my annoyance the challenge again wasnā€™t completed.

Considering that the event ends tomorrow and that for whatever stupid reason you can only do one challenge a day this is really upsetting. Though, on the other hand, since unlocking the challenges is broken anyways that doesnā€™t make a difference eitherā€¦

Event is over and the cheat codes i unlocked on the last event are no longer working:

going above and beyond
tech tech one two free

iā€™ve already logged off and back in on my xbox live account and re-installed the game

all of this couldā€™ve been avoided if the devs didnt put it behind the most bugged event iā€™ve ever seen

1 Like

Good News everybody, seems like the May-Ham has no such Problems. Atleast i myself did not encounter some like in the last event. So good job guys.

But i still feel like the developers should unlock the rewards for the last challange, to evrybody who contributed to this forum.

1 Like

I have completed the first and second challenges of the May-Ham event but the next ones do not unlock. I believe they unlock every day but I have done the second challenge twice now only to see it not completed the next day. This is stopping me from completing the other challenges. Is there something Iā€™m not doing correctly?

1 Like

Same has happened for me during MAY-HEM - AGAIN { 3RD STRAIGHT Challenge with this BUG !! }
I literally had to complete each and every Event TWICE before the next event would unlock. Those events SHOULD UNLOCK each day, REGARDLESS of whether the prior Event was done ==> A gamer may have trouble with a particular Event, but should still be able to try subsequent Events !!

Only the sign-in to Xbox went smoothly. Each other event completed was DELETED by the DEV !! Also the next Event would not unlock !!
This forced me to repeat each event a second time.

DEVā€™s, YOU should get your stuff together and fix these Challenges.
This ridiculous shabby challenge system really takes any enjoyment out of doing these Challenges :frowning_face:

I heartily concur with your last point ā€¦ The DEVsā€™ canceling of completed Events { thus denying the Rewards } AND failing to unlock subsequent Events, REGARDLESS of whether prior events had been completed, prevented me from gaining several Rewards ā€¦ Even though, in fact, I had accomplished every Challenge criteria. The DEVs simply would not recognize completed tasks.