Change 3D models and multiplayer compatibility

Hello there,

I’m trying to make a little mod to replace the horn helmets for huskarl and axemen.

I started by simply replacing the level 2 and 3 helmets with the level 1 in the helmet anim file.

Capture d'écran 2024-09-09 230229

So, it works, but with this method the mod isn’t multiplayer compatible (The game tells me it’s a data mod…)

I tried several other methods:

1. Trying the AO3DE visual mod method (a file named visualmods.xml which allows 3D model replacement while maintaining multiplayer compatibility). But AoMRE doesn’t seem to understand that.

2. I found the 3D model of the helmet1.ttm, I copy past it twice and rename it helmet2.ttm and helmet3.ttm (the idea is to overwrite horned helmets model by the simple one).
    I don’t really know where to put them. I tried in the intermediate folder (where the modelcache is) but all I got was the helmets disappearing in the game. I’ve also tried placing them in the art folder (the animefile files look for models in there), but nothing happens.

Is there a way to enable a multiplayer compatible graphics mod or are all mods currently blocked in multiplayer?

But besides that, is there a way to replace an existing 3D model without modifying the animfiles? I feel like this will also be a multiplayer incompatibility later, like in AoE3 DE.

1 Like