Change resolution external display

Hi,

I want to play AoE DE with my external display. It supports up to 4k/UHD resolution.

The Windows Desktop settings are set to 4k/UHD resolution (scaling 150%). When I launch AoE DE in full screen mode, and go to Settings, it tells me that the game is running at 2560x1600. When I set scaling to 100% before launching the game, the result is the same 2560x1600 resolution. I cannot choose another resolution in the Game settings. How can I run it at 3840x2160?

Next, when I go to the Windows Desktop settings and set the resolution to FHD (scaling 100%), and then launch AoE DE. It tells me that the game is running at 1680x1050. I cannot choose another resolution in the Game settings. How can I run the game at 1920x1080 on my external display?

Selecting full screen is playing in the maximal native resolution of that display. It only shows the available Windowed mode resolutions. You can check this by using Alt-PrtSc to create a screenshot while in full screen mode and paste that one in Paint and save it.

2 Likes