Changes for the old civs in the future

I’ve started this topic in order to publish some changes people would like to see in the games’ old civs. Me, personally, I’d like the devs to finally change the name of the Portuguese Church Tech “Encomienda Manor” into something more historically accurate, like Sugar Cycle, for example. There’s other things, but what are you guys’ opinions.

4 Likes

I would like all civs to be reworked to have a similar ageing system to the American and African civs. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I don’t like herding, so I wish every civ had a granary or similar building.

2 Likes

I find granaries require far more herding than civs without them. Since the villagers automatically shoot an animal as soon as they are done constructing them, they will end up shooting the herd entirely away from the Granary if you don’t shift click them to herd after constructing it.

I agree with you. If it couldn’t be done, I think that such Age Up mechanics should be in Prussians civ and Italians civ.
From the fact that Prussia united Germany (without Austria and Switzerland of course) and Austria focused on Eastern Europe (Balkans and Carpathians), I think that:

• Germans will be renamed into Austrians civ - changes will be minimal, mostly cosmetic.
  • The Prussians will become a completely new civ that will represent their great story that took place in the time frame of AoE 3 - from the state of the Teutonic Order through Prussia to the united German Empire (in a nutshell).

Therefore, Italian and Prussian civs would be prioritized if the developers wanted to add a brand new Age Up mechanic to some European civs. Secondly, I think there would be multi-ethnic civs that, thanks to the unique Age Up mechanic, could represent the peoples that lived in them - I will present candidates for this: Austrians, Swedes, British, Ottomans, Spanish, Poles and Russians.

2 Likes

I’d like more Euro civ-specific Historic ‘special’ revolution button options / Age up-related shipments.

The French Revolution (along with its Napoleonic Era shipment) is a fantastic example of this.

I’d love to see either a ‘Revolt’ British - ‘British Industrial Revolution’ in the Industrial Age, leading to an extra factory and a slew of mainly economic shipments. Settlers become Citizens which are less hardy (less health, far less attack) in return to being able to garrison in factories to improve output. Improvements and shipments related to the revolution could include:

• Workshop of the world (allows factory production of commodities, i.e Exp resource),
  • Machine Tools (decreases Rocket build time),
  • Spinning Jenny (increases Factory Coin generation - name relates to the British machinery invented for the textile industry)
  • Millwrights - Factories can be rebuilt by wagon of Factory Wagons trained for a large cost at the TC. Improves Factory HP.
  • Victorian Era - Like the French ‘Napoleonic Era’, this advances Ind. Rev British into the Imperial Age. Further shipments from this include Workhouse (increase garrison limit of Factories), Maxim Guns (ship Gatling Guns - historically the British invented the machine gun, so they can ship Gatling Guns in lieu of a proper model). The current VA upgrade (via House of Hannover) is renamed to ‘Georgian Era’.
1 Like

Maybe for Civs which were in fact comprised of Nation States, which are really independent countries for most of the AoE3 time-span (unlike the Federal State civs), they can function as normal Euro civs with one exception - a button at the Town Center called ‘HRE State’ for Germans and ‘City State’ for Italians.

Basically this could function as a way of selecting an independent state within the umbrella conferation of Germany and Italy.

For example; pressing the button and selecting (in much the same way as the Age-Up screen) a German state such as Prussia will change a few things for the German civ, such as replacing a few units and giving a selection of Prussian-specific techs at the TC, without changing the basic character of Germany (you will still receive a light hand cav unit or equivelent for each shipment as an example).

This is seen as a companion to the standard age-up - you age-up normally and if you’ve not selected a German State, you carry on as the Holy Roman Empire.
When you get to Industrial you could be present with a Unification of Germany ‘revolt’ alongside the Imp. button - or you could even have an Imp. Age politician choice including Otto Von Bismarck.

3 Likes

Still waiting for Ports rework. Any day now…

4 Likes

I suppose there are some details on the traditional European factions yet to be updated, but the next step should be the European cattle.

2 Likes

Blockquote * Victorian Era - Like the French ‘Napoleonic Era’, this advances Ind. Rev British into the Imperial Age. Further shipments from this include Workhouse (increase garrison limit of Factories), Maxim Guns (ship Gatling Guns - historically the British invented the machine gun, so they can ship Gatling Guns in lieu of a proper model). The current VA upgrade (via House of Hannover) is renamed to ‘Georgian Era’.

I really like this idea. I don’t think the original game mentions Britain’s Industrial Revolution at all!! The only hint to the industrial revolution is through a factory card available only to other European civs (not including the brits). Introducing a unique industrial revolution card for the brits will be a great opportunity to create some lovely economic bonuses surrounding the factory.

Blockquote Therefore, Italian and Prussian civs would be prioritized if the developers wanted to add a brand new Age Up mechanic to some European civs.

See my post on New Age Up Mechanic for the British to see my ideas for a new age up style for euro type cigs.

1 Like