Changing Madrasah

Sorry :pleading_face:

Errr no, not in any way. You counter them pretty easily as long as you keep a mix of halbs and huskarl in the same place, as no enemy can micro that. If you send huskarls alone, then yes it is much easier to pick them off, but it’s your fault for doing so.

1 Like

Outpost gain the ability of fire arrows

Guys I think we all want to make Madrasah a bit more useful, kindly stop with the Goths discussion. 11 Is there a refund tech besides madrasah? If there is that should be rework too.

1 Like

I think that change just by itself would make them strongest civ in the game by a large margin 11

Can imagine new meta castle age Saracen outpost rush

Sorry man, we got sidetracked. I personally would give madrasah a bonus to faith recharge, though then again, it’s not that great because monks don’t really see much use by the time you get a castle.

Personally, i would just replace the techs alltogether with something not affecting monks.

1 Like

hahah Yesss… Could do just 3 or 4 damage with 5 range and not affected by blacksmith’s upgrades

Maybe just do Sar units resistance to convertion… boring, but more usefull I think

it would be broken.

madrasah is a cheap and usefull tech already.

Any way, I am not against a rework. Maybe a UT wich adds CA bonus damage vs buildings would be a better.

3 Likes

Madrasah is pretty cheap already, a 33% refund given the high gold cost of Monks is nothing to sneeze at either.

Saracens can use their Market bonus to grab any missing ressource. To give an idea of how good it is, Saracens can trade 600 Food/Wood for 400 Stone (given the prices haven’t already changed from trading), so they can easily grab a Castle while building a Monk rush.

literally no one does this… its not a case of “can” its a case of “whats the better option”

you’re building an entire castle (very likely not in the optimum position) only so you can get a tech that not only uses food and gold, but only works (marginally at that) if you FAIL!? like what? who else has such a convoluted wasteful tech?

either it should work and give you a really decent return, or it should be dirt cheap, or it should rather simply be something else. .

this sounds like someone defending atheism because “at least it makes your spies cheaper” like what!?

they could tone it down to return 10%, and give it as a civ bonus, then as a UT give them something else, like the CA damage to buildings(make it cheap), its situational but at least CA are better than they used to be

there’s a number of wasteful/niche tech but it doesnt justify having more wasteful tech when civs like franks exist

3 Likes

Fully agree, it’s fine to have situational techs, but they should never be useless.

Problem is with madrasah is that it is a tech flawed in its design, as by the time you can get it you don’t need it anymore. If UTs could be researched in TCs or other buildings it would be a different story.

As for a replacement new tech, as you say maybe something for CAs. Either damage to building or CAs moving faster…I’m sure we can come up with something.

5 Likes

Given that :

• i can place a Castle next to my economy to defend it in case of raiding while I manage my Monk rush
  • the tech itself has the same cost as a Castle Age BS upgrade
  • Monks are very prone to die if they fail to convert their target in time or get caught since even TK beat them at running
    Then yes I see reasons to research Madrasah while doing a Monk rush. Besides with Redemption Monks continue to have a purpose a later stages of the game, so it still remains useful later on.

Yes it is a niche technology, but it still has a purpose in a strategy.

If you can spend 600 food on building a castle (which i doubt btw. Stone has a starting cost of what? 143 gold for saracens?) you could have build 10 knights instead. Why would you want to do that exchange in any sort of rush? By the time you have that comp it is no longer a rush. The tech is cheap but really pretty damn useless… As are basically all monk unique techs, because you just dont use many of them anymore by the time you have a castle.
I would say make it a discount and not gold return and give an increase in faith regeneration or monestary working speed.

1 Like

I actually like the current Madrasah, so I wouldn’t want to lose it. The number 33 has a bit of significance in Islam, so I think it is fitting that the strength of the bonus should remain the same.

Adding an additional effect to it might be interesting, so how about this:

• Madrasah (Monks return 33% of their cost when killed and generate 7 gold per conversion)

You realise those same Muslims eat pork in the game right? And their fictional mameluke throws swords.

This might be cool though. Although it situationally could add very little they could play with the numbers.

I said it already.

i think the problem is giving them a small bonus vs infantry does nothing really.
for one, you’re better off going knights against infantry as Saracens over even heavy camels, or far more likely, archers, so this UT is a bit wasted imho.

Replace Madrasah by (The Arabian horse ) UT, because the Arabian horse is the best horse in the world, so the Arabian horse tech give light cavs, hussars, cav archers and knights regenrate health 20% faster.

Actually I would be curious to hear more from some dedicated arena players[quote=“Delurion, post:103, topic:116198”]
I’m in favor of faster CA though, as Arabian horses are fast (not strong).
[/quote]

Perhaps faster hussars (better for raids) and faster CAs (better ability to relocate in late game) could be good. I would not touch camels.

Not sure whether this is too much of an overlap with cumans, but Saracens would have to wait until they have a castle and they would have to pay for the tech, so it’s probably fine.

1 Like

Yeah i agree, i think giving them more speed for their CA will be good