Chat Bug! AOE: DE

Game Version: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Xbox

• Build ((28212))

Issue:

((1. The multiplayer chat function is broken. The last player to join the lobby is autmatically muted and other cannot see their chats in the lobby and in the game. In 1v1 - 2nd player is muted. 3v3 - 6th player is muted. 4v4 - 8th player is muted and so on.

1. Most of the buttons on the game launch lobby are unresponsive or slow))

Reproduction Steps:

1. ((you just have to launch the game 1v1 - 3v3 elo rm or rm to check chat bug and the buttons you can check by selecting teams))
1 Like

Guys, please fix it. Its a ridiculous bug.

furthermore there is one more bug which can destroy the multiplayer platform:

the game into extreme lag mode in 3v3, 4v4 games when the pop reaches high value. It is almost unplayable. Somehow it is unable to carry the load if there are too much units on the map. Many people have already complained about it and i hope they can fix it before people lose interest.

Dear devs,

Listen to these guys they are experts and big fans of this game, you don’t want to let them down and eventually lose their interest in the game.

Low frame rates with big population is the biggest issue right now, I don’t think it’s game related as I doubt the devs have done any serious changes that caused this , it might be hardware, if it’s the case they should update the minimum system requirement , or it could be the servers , but I seriously doubt as it is not happening to every body at the same time .

I don’t know, they have to find a solution for this.

Maybe if we can gather some information about the the current setup (cpu, ram, graphics card) for the players who experienced the FPS issue, we can get a good baseline for system requirements.

I am almost certain it’s graphic card related, I know a couple of guys with gtx 960 gpu, 8 gb ram, and i5 cpu , that are having big issues with low FPS , so I don’t think this setup is suitable for this game. Any body with similar or higher specs facing the same problem?

I dont think this is a graphics problem. Most likely server or some changes to the game because this was not happening to the old version. Many other players with high end pc are having this issue as well.

My pc is good enough to support it and it still lags when the population in 3v3 or 4v4 game reached high value:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
16 GB RAM
256 GB SSD (The game is installed in SSD)

Your setup looks good , this should not happen to you, weird !

Is there a way to change the resolution of the game? That should help I think.

Another temporary solution is reduce the population limit for big team games, until the problem is fixed hopefully soon.