Chat issue between MSStore users

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: current and a bunch of patches before
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11/10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD. if two xbox/msstore users are ingame they cannot see eachother’s chat. 1v1 aswell as TGs and lobby games. Really annoying if you pause and cannot ask to unpause or if you have a second xbox player on your team.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: ############ STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Have two xbox players in a game (and maybe a steam player to spectate to confirm)
  2. Try to chat and look if the other player recieves the message

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The steam players see all messages while the xbox players only see their own and steam player’s messages but NOT the other xbox player’s

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
I cannot really picture it besides both players desperately trying to contact the other to unpause finally

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
Recordings do not really show anything here either

2 Likes

I can confirm as above, it happens to me as well. Cannot see chat and flares from another Xbox player (both as opponent or teammate)

1 Like

Can confirm, Jul and I cannot see each other’s messages in lobby or game. This is happening on the current patch, as well as previous patches.

1 Like