Cheats And Co-op Matchmaking

Would be fun to have the classic cheats like the Shelby Car in the new game, but should be limited to use against bots only, not pvp.
Also would be cool if 2 v 2 or 2 v bots matchmaking is involved. Probably adding more than 4 empires would complicate things.

Would it complicate things by adding more than 4 empires? I don’t know. The cheats would definitely be fun though.

In the original game you could have up to 8 empires in a match. I see no reason why they shouldn’t allow that. (Except maybe that Multiplayer might be pretty laggy).

Bigdaddy and futureman were my all time favorites

We NEED cheats.

@VivsNero said:
Would be fun to have the classic cheats like the Shelby Car in the new game, but should be limited to use against bots only, not pvp.

I really wanna know what kind of cheats were in the game back then, I’d heard of the Shelby Cobra before, but from what I see popping up in the forum here, there must’ve been quite a lot, and pretty good ones at that!

I’ve never had the opportunity to play the original game. Chomping at the bit to try it now…

• “photon man” would give you a futuristic-looking dude who had a laser gun that owned everything.
  • “bigdaddy” was the cheat that gave you a car that fired missiles.

Those were the two I used to use a lot. There were others, but I don’t remember them. Look them up!

I never really used cheats, I didn’t even knew they where there because of my lack of internet,
but I think they should really include at least matchmaking with 8 or even 12 players.

I hope all the old cheats remain in the new version. Spam pows!

@Plasticcaz said:

• “photon man” would give you a futuristic-looking dude who had a laser gun that owned everything.
  • “bigdaddy” was the cheat that gave you a car that fired missiles.

Those were the two I used to use a lot. There were others, but I don’t remember them. Look them up!

e=mc2 trooper

Also there is a list of cheat unit in AoE 1 and other game. There were also the classic cheat code to give 1000 of each ressource, reveal the map, reveal every player, build instant and more.

Also in the original Age of Empire cheat code can be used online only if you ticked the case “Allow cheat code” which is seen by other player in the setting window and they can just disagree and never click ready till it’s on.

If anyone’s wondering what all the cheats were, here’s a list:

bigdaddy: A black sports car with a rocket launcher
big momma: A white rocket launcher car that fires twice as fast
stormbilly: A Zug Robot 209 appears
upsidflintmobile: Accelerates your Chariot Archers
pow: Baby on tricycle with bazooka gun
power overwhelming: Baby riding a tricycle and using a gun. Appears at town center.
steroids: Buildings and units are created instantly
photon man: Create a guy in a white suit with a quick- fire laser gun
e=mc2 trooper: Creates a guy in a white suit with a slow- firing nuke gun
PEPPERONI PIZZA: Gives you 1000 food.
COINAGE: Gives you 1000 gold.
QUARRY: Gives you 1000 stone.
WOODSTOCK: Gives you 1000 wood.
gaia: Gives you control over nature, but you lose control of you team
HOME RUN: Instant Win.
diediedie: Kill everyone else
KILL(Player #): Kill player #
hoyohoyo: Priests are faster and stronger
NO FOG: Removes Fog of War.
resign: resign from the game
REVEAL MAP: Reveals the map. Does not remove Fog of War.
convert this!: St. Francis unit that resembles priest, but can call lightning when close enough to opponent
powbigmama: summon a gun-wielding baby on a tricycle
powbigmomma: summon a gun-wielding baby on a tricycle (alternate code)
medusa: Transforms villagers to Medusas. When the villager is killed, it will turn into a Black Rider. When the Black Rider is killed, it will turn into a Head
king arthur: Turn birds into dragons
grantlinkspence: Turn gazelles, lions, elephants, and alligators into animal kings
grantlinkspencer: Turn gazelles, lions, elephants, and alligators into animal kings (alternate code)
dark rain: Turns a Bowman into a Composite Bowman which turns into a tree when not moving
big bertha: Turns Heavy Catapults into Big Berthas
black rider: Turns Horse Archers into Black Riders
flying dutchman: Turns Juggernauts into Flying Dutchmen and +5 more attack, can ‘sail’ on land
hari kari: You lose the game
icbm: Your Ballistas and Helepolis have a 99+1 range
jack be nimble: Your catapults and stone throwers fire villagers, cows, etc.

Source