China has 2 horse artillery unit, and the consulate one is weird

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
So the horse artillery that China gets from the french consulate seems to be a very different unit from the horse artillery they get from the age 4 wokou junk card that also includes 5 horse artillery in them.

The Wukou card sends what seems to be normal french age 4 horse artillery (so they don’t auto upgrade) and they have the same stats as other horse artillery( but I don’t ever remember horse artillery having this shorter 13 range atk bombard atk)

The consulate artillery doesn’t have this 13 range atk and instead list the second atk as 0 dmg and 0 range.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

I’m most certain it’s because both unit are different in game code, as one is the ART horse artillery while the other is CON horse artillery.

Similar case that I still don’t know the reason why is the Hussar from British consulate is weaker than the one from Ottoman consulate.

They definitely are different units cause the consulate one auto-upgrades so its definitely required that they are different units, but usually they should have the same base.

I think the reason why this is the case is that DE updated the horse artillery to have that 13 range atk but didn’t do it for the consulate one