Chinese (and potentially other) languages overflow text areas

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Any
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Text from other languages (potentially only Japanese/Chinese/Korean) when viewed in an English client lacks line breaks in certain areas (mainly in scenario text, hints, etc)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Find a campaign from a Chinese developer
  2. Check scenario hints/etc
  3. Profit

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Playing these custom campaigns can be a bit difficult without being able to translate the text via Google Translate (via phone camera, for instance) if the text is cut off.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Hi @PMCParil !

I could not find this issue in the ingame campaigns. Do you know one that have this issue?

Thanks!

Hey,

This likely doesn’t happen in the official campaigns. It’s only third party stuff. I assume that this all looks correct if you’re using a Chinese language with the game, but the text doesn’t line-break at all if you’re viewing Chinese text on an English version.

If you look for any Chinese language campaigns on the workshop, you’ll run into this fairly quickly. I can send you mod IDs if you want specific examples.

Yes please give me an example and I investigate if it could be fixed by our side :smiley:

The first mission of this campaign’s Hints dialog will show the issue quite clearly.
This is how the Hints dialog looks in Simplified Chinese language mode:

And in English:

What’s weird to note here is that the line breaks are in completely different places between the two languages.

Ahh I see the problem now

Thanks for this! We are now tracking this isue ^-^