I think we can all agree that the Chinese mythology for Retold or II should be overhauled 100%.
Here are some of the mythical units (some of which you may not have heard of) I would like to see if it is ever included in the future.
Yu Huang (The Jade Emperor) - God of the Sky and Land
Mazu - Goddess of the Sea
Yanluo Wang - God of Death and Hell
Long … asdf asdf… Wang - God of Dragons and the Four Seas. (had to separate his name with asdf asdf to avoid censorship…)
Caishen - God of Wealth
Erlang Shen - God of Purity and Decency
- Baihu (White Tiger) - this mythical tiger beast symbolizes power and army.
- Baize - A formidable and mythical white cow-like beast who can overcome attacks and hauntings from 11,520 types of supernatural creatures in the world. This type of creature should be a mythical tanky unit with high HP and armor in-game.
- Bingmayong (Terracotta Warrior) - self explanatory.
- Longgui (Dragon Turtle) - legendary Chinese creature that combines two of the four celestial animals of Chinese mythology: the body of a turtle with a dragon’s head is promoted as a positive ornament in Feng Shui, symbolizing courage, determination, fertility, longevity, power, success, and support.
- Niutou Yu Mamian (Ox-Head and Horse-face) - hell’s guardians. These come in pairs or the developers can mix them into 1 with an ox-head and a horse-face instead.
- Qilin - legendary chimerical creature that appears in Chinese mythology, and is said to appear with the imminent arrival or passing of a sage or illustrious ruler. (Noted this creature should be a mythic aged creature).
- Qinglong (Azure Dragon) - the powerful Azure Dragon represents the east and the spring season.
- Hundun - yellow colored six winged chaotic creatures with six legs and no face
- Jiangshi - zombies that hop instead of walk.
- Nian - a terrifying monster from under the sea and the mountain who wreaks havoc. It is afraid of the color red and firecracker sounds.
- Pixiu - powerful protectors of feng shui practitioners, and resemble strong, winged lions. Pixiu are auspicious, winged animals, written about in ancient Chinese history and heralded through the millennia by fantastic stories of powerful and grandiose feats of victory in battle. Their legend has been passed down through 2,000 years of Chinese lore. They have the head of a Chinese dragon, the body of a lion, and historically sport on their heads either one antler (male) or two antlers (female).
- Qiongqi - monstrous creatures that eat people. It looks chimeric in nature with horns and torso with hedgehog fur, and a tiger face with razor sharp teeth and claws.
- Taotie - nightmarish looking creatures who are extremely gluttonous. They have a sheep’s body and a human face latched on. In addition, they have eyes under their armpits. Look up 狍鴞 to get an idea what they look like.
- Taowu - extremely reckless creatures with bodies of a tiger, human faced, boar-like tusks and mouth, dog hair, and an extremely long tail.
- Xiezhi - goat/sheep-like monster with a single horn perched on top of its head. The horn hungers for the guilty and spares the innocent.
- Zhuque (Vermillion Bird) - red bird that resembles a pheasant with a five-colored plumage and is perpetually covered in flames.
Sun Wukong (The Monkey King) - Sun Wukong possesses many abilities. He has amazing strength and quickness. Sun Wukong also acquires the 72 Earthly Transformations, which allow him to access 72 unique powers, including the ability to transform into sundry animals and objects. He is a skilled fighter, capable of defeating the best warriors of heaven. His hair has magical properties, capable of making copies of himself or transforming into various weapons, animals and other things.
The Chinese mythology deserves a second chance. They have a rich background and many unique bestiary to choose from.
- YES! We need the Chinese myth in this game 100%. A second chance would be awesome and justified.
- No. Not interested.