Civ Concept - Romanians

He’s just suggesting a civ icon, why do you find that so unbelievable?

3 Likes

Where’s icon, I see flags.

Not sure if you’re trolling or slow on the uptake.

1 Like

Don’t confuse Romani with Romanian.

1 Like

He’s probably trolling.

1 Like

Focus: Archer and Cavalry

Civilization bonuses:

• Buildings return 40% wood when destroyed, include exhausted farms
  • Archery Range units have +1/+2/+3 melee armor in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
  • Conscription available in Castle Age. (New!)
  • Conscription affect Villagers.

Unique units: Viteji
(It is a mounted archer that can “dodge” enemy melee attacks)

Viteji Stats Elite
Health 40 40
Attack 7 8
Range 4 4
Accuracy 95 95
RoF 2 2
LoS 6 6
Movespeed 1.45 1.45
Armor(Camel/UU) 0/0 1/0
Cost 50f/60g
Train Time 25 25
To Elite 1000f/500g 60s

Unique technologies:

• Night Attack (Mounted units have +2 attack vs. standard buildings)
  • Oastea Mica (dead villagers become Halberdier)

Team bonus: Knight-line has +3 attack vs. standard buildings.

Missing Techs:

• Barracks: Eagle Scout, Champion, Gambesons, Plate Mail Armor
  • Archery Range: Full
  • Stable: Battle Elephant, Steppe Lancer, Camel Rider
  • Siege Workshop: Armored Elephant
  • Economy: Gold Shaft Mining, Guilds
  • University: Heated Shot
  • Monastery: Faith
  • Castle: Full
1 Like

Interesting design.

For the UU, instead of a generic Wallachian Horse Archer I would recommend Viteji.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/uploads/default/original/3X/e/c/ecd9785d963731f9b4fd775b3fc96aaed12e281c.jpeg

Viteji → Literally “Brave Ones” they are soldiers who gained lands and property through bravery in warfare. The viteji are therefore, as expected, among the most resolute and brave warriors a ruler could ask for. Like many elements of Romanian cavalry, the Viteji show influences both from the East and West, and their style of warfare imitates that of Cuman or Tatar armored horse archers.

By their nature they are very versatile cavalry. In battle, the voievod would use these troops to counter the enemy’s cavalry flanks, either by engaging light cavalry in melee or harassing and exhausting heavy cavalry, then providing the decisive charge into the enemy’s flanks.

1 Like

Seems quite underpowered

The destroyed building refund can be tricky. If it works like the old nomads tech did you got 5 pop even if the construction site was destroyed after the village tapped the house foundation as it was the rubble unit that granted the population.

All you gotta do is have a villager begin making a barracks delete it right away and your economy jolts up by 69 wood… nice!!! But a bit insane! You dont need lumberjacks, hell after you get your first 650s you dont need stone miners either and can use towers to build your stone stockpiles anyway and if you can stomach doing so with wonders… i mean what even is a trash war!?

Bonus 1: The return wood would be a huge eco bonus for wood. You will save 24 wood with each farm. If you have 10 farms that’s 240 wood saved in a single cycle. Not to mention you also get wood if attacked.

Sounds good, but this is no faster development bonus so I can see why it can be underpowered compared to others. I think a way better and more balanced bonus would be “Farms cost 40% less” (so 36 wood; however Teutons already have that bonus), this will boost your early game by a lot.

There is historical justification for this: The Romanians were using scorch tactics whenever the Ottomans would attack, so they would destroy their own farm to starve the Turks and after the Turks were gone rebuild.

Bonus 2: Seems kind of an underwhelming bonus. Archery Range units are not supposed to fight melee units. If melee is in your range you’ve already lost. The only time I see this as an useful situation is when the knights are attacking your archers. So I guess this could translate in a good bonus vs knights for archers.

Bonus 3: That is interesting. So basically you can boom like hell after building a castle in castle. With faster villagers and such.

UU/TB: Definetly a raid civ, maybe Knights + Cav Archers if you have tons of gold to take advantage of those vs building and armor bonuses.

It does look a bit underpowered though.