Civ Concept: The Seven Fires

This isn’t even the only one.

And I’m working on one for the Haida, the Maya, and a combined one for the Mik’maq, the Inuit, and a story to tell with Lief Erickson and his voyage to Vinland.

The Haida one interests me the most.

Lief never encountered the Seven Fires. There’s about 2.5 thousand miles separating the two. Lief would have likely encountered the Mik’maq and the Inuit.

Honestly, for as much as I want to push the Seven Fires into this game, they’re the least likely of any of my designs to ever make it to the dev’s minds. Haida could be worked into a campaign around the Aztecs and Mesoamericans - the Haida were known to have raided as far south as Baja California and as far north as the Aleutian Islands, and even have stories among themselves of raiding Hawaii. Anything to do with the west coast of North America could realistically have the Haida appear.

The Inuit could appear in both a campaign about Lief Erickson and in one about the Haida raiding the coasts - the Inuit spanned from the west coast to the east coast in northern Canada, and using them in both campaigns would be a great way to save time while giving a relatively unknown culture their time in the limelight.

The Mik’maq would only have a place in the Lief Erickson story, but they could potentially be used if a campaign is ever explored involving the creation of the Haudenosaunee Confederation, which itself would be an interesting story to tell.

1 Like