Civilization Conquest Mod

It depends on the file I modified. Even I add requirements_ext to make that unit should be activated at 4th age, because the original file in the background (sbps from attributes file) that makes problems most of the time when I modify it. That’s why I always back up when I try to add something new. Current content editor has lots of limitations and we wait more than 6 months for a fix - even we report lots of bug problems. For example, the Mongol AI doesn’t build any building anymore after the new patch… Or Malians and Ottoman AI are not aggressive as other civilizations AI, and this visual red box error etc.

For example, when you try to add elephant unit too Ottoman and if there is no Sultanate Civilization in your gameplay then your elephants at Ottoman Empire will be red box. However, at your gameplay if there is a Sultanate Civilization then there is no problem :smiley: I found it after lots of testing ^^.

There are strange errors and bugs in Content Editor.

1 Like

With 1.2 version, I have added really cool units and new building types to Ottoman Empire - Ottoman Civilization.

There is no Ottoman Campaign so I couldn’t add different units to produce from different Ottoman building which I have done at other Civilizations that every building has different unit producing combination.

Probably when Byzantium Civilization comes, there will be lots of materials to use.

1 Like

If it is possible, would you send me the pictures of units you produce from that French market and castle with which grid location at exact Age you experienced this problem. I will test it myself to find the error cause for that red box.

Militia tier 1 and Oliver Arrel named units I found it.

Please don’t forget to rate and write comments plz^^, thank you for enjoying to play the mod.

1 Like

got this error when trying to build tradecenter (age 3)
says ( Important Scar Error - execution paused)

1 Like

I have checked to build it at 3rd Age, there is no problem.

I updated mod to version 1.3 and this French red box error is no more anymore^^. And I nerfed French now that I didn’t realize that thy were summoning lots of units :smiley:

1 Like

How is the mod gameplay so far, did you like it to play Ottoman Civilization?

couldnt play much with ottomans cuz it got error but french was pretty good. Really liked this mod tbh so detailed.

1 Like

But i noticed that archery ranks was French 4th age landmark(castle one ) its kinda confusing and i think normal archery would be better

1 Like

I wanted to apply landmarks models on different buildings separately but there is no extra models to apply. I tried to use what the content editor offer.

Try to play Ottoman Civilization again, I play a few games even made AI as Ottoman AI and there was no problem. Probably game made unknown error itself. Let me know after you try Ottoman Civilizations too.

I really need testers for my mod^^.

I tried to make this mod realistic with new features. Great Cannon will not hit directly if there are obstacles in front of it so it will give damage to in front of building first. In coding, I made the necessary changes but need testers to test so we can find if there is an error or bug or strange behaviors.

The mod is really challenging and realistic as much as possible where you need to target resource buildings and villagers always.

The Castle Keeps, Outposts etc. placing units inside of it. Old civilizations’ outposts - keeps etc. you can kill the occupants inside of it. I added this feature to Ottomans too but not every building yet - it takes time to apply.

I have added lots of features that I sometimes forget myself :smiley:

hopefully i’ll test it again tomorrow i’ll give feedback to you. But i must tell i felt like with current building hp’s defending is much easy but yes its kinda more realistic.

1 Like

HP is a lot: but the damage made by siege units and grounds units, ranged units or naval units - their damage is a lot too.

Lets say with 5 cannons in any civilization - you can destroy walls, keeps - every building very easily.

Chinese Civilization has huihui pao which has 1000 damage and longer range than normal trebuchet
Pao

Ottomans have great cannon with 1900 damage and longest range in the game but still your scouts need to mark enemy units for great cannon to hit them.

To defend or to attack - the importance of any ranged siege units or normal ranged units are important at this game. Ground units you need to make strategy about how to use them.

If you finish the game without mod like in 1 hour etc - with mod you spend hours like old times in AOE1 and AOE2.

1 Like

There are two buildings that enemy civilization can capture two Ottoman buildings and so thy can access to your that buildings’ units.

I have added really nice Ottoman Fortress variations now where inside is not empty anymore.

I have added a new unit named Janissary Sword Units

You can move some Ottoman Ships on the land.

All of these changes are available with current version: Conquest - Ottoman Empire - v1.8.

1 Like

2 Likes

I work on a new system about soldier recruitment to make the military buildings more meaningful in the mod, but requires lots of time to apply these to every civilization where it will take some time.

I apply this new feature to Ottoman Ranged Building first. I will apply slowly because I need to change the whole dataset for every civilization that I have less time because of real life, but I will keep the mod updated.

And with new patch, I fixed newly generated errors in Content Editors again.

You still upgrade the units, but you still have access to previous Age(s) units on the grid bar of the Ottoman Ranged Building as you can see in the pictures where thy are all different weapon combination and appearance, and the units recruited from military buildings will come less and every recruitment will bring out 6 units.

I had added military unit spawn with extra cost from other buildings to recruit these previous Age(s) units where thy mean to protect your settlement when you expand your city - further away from your capital building to support your conquest where if you recruit the military units from these buildings only, you will spend more resources and after some point your economy will sink. You might gain - a small victory for spawning these extra cost units from these buildings, but with a sudden planned attack, your enemy can defeat you very easily which thy just need to target your villagers and economy buildings with hit and run constant tactics. I explained these again; because some players don’t bother to read old posts in this thread about how this mod works that this mod is a hardcore mod to focus on mainly to do fights with a realistic way.

That’s all for now, see you at next comment^^.

I have managed to apply Paling and Setup Camp skills from English Civilization to Ottoman civilization archer units too now.

I removed the setup camp; because it only applies the English setup camp even I apply the Norman setup camp (even after I made lots of modification on the Norman setup camp in ebps and sbps)…

I have completed the Ottoman new military building design that you can recruit every different Age(s) units appropriate to their military buildings.