Classic mode vs definitive mode multiplayer

As far as I am concerned the game will offer classic mode for those that one the original experience as well as definitive mode (obv). So, my question is, will classic mode be offered in both SP and MP?

If it is offered in SP and MP, would one opponent be able to play in classic mode while the other plays in definitive mode? ( I am gonna guess the answer is NO, but I am just curious)

The way I understand it (I may be wrong), classic mode will not include some of the quality-of-life changes introduced in definitive mode, such as gather point setting, intelligent villagers, attack-move, and any other (gameplay) changes they will make. This would give definitive mode users an unfair advantage over classic mode players.

I reckon that classic mode multiplayer will be an option in a lobby one could set, so that all players are on equal footing, as much as possible.

@Plasticcaz said:
The way I understand it (I may be wrong), classic mode will not include some of the quality-of-life changes introduced in definitive mode, such as gather point setting, intelligent villagers, attack-move, and any other (gameplay) changes they will make. This would give definitive mode users an unfair advantage over classic mode players.

I reckon that classic mode multiplayer will be an option in a lobby one could set, so that all players are on equal footing, as much as possible.

Yea, that’s what I figured too.